CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Fork Brace?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 10:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TimBucTwo
My point is that if you put a brace on spaghetti you still have spaghetti.

I have also felt the wimpy-ish forks at times but I need to be convinced that a brace will be a big difference. So far, no one has come forth and stated that they have install a brace and it helped as to off set the cost of the brace.

Like I said, I have felt some twisting (hard cornering and hit a rough spot in the road) but the bike tracks like an arrow so I don't worry about it.
That makes no sense. It's flexible, so stiffening it won't make it less flexible?

If you don't want one, don't buy one. I guess you're lucky that you can't feel the flex in the forks a majority of the time. I feel it every time I steer the bike at anything over commuting pace, so I'm planning to fix that. Pretty much everything about the forks on these bikes is terrible compared to what is easily possible. I don't know why there is so much resistance to wanting to make the bike better...I'm not insulting your mother here.

I mean, if folks are satisfied with it then that's great...satisfaction is a good thing for the wallet. Having owned bikes with better performing suspension, the shortcomings are glaring to me, and make riding the bike less enjoyable. So, if I can fix those things, I will enjoy riding the bike more. Of others don't feel that way, then power to them. Just because some people either can't tell the difference or don't care doesn't mean that there isn't real improvement possible.

Old 12-03-2009, 10:27 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

The old saying goes like this; The proof is in the pudding.

I can't wait for your feedback. Maybe I will want one.