CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

An Exhausting Job!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 03:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default An Exhausting Job!

Well guys,wish me luck,i have stripped the fairing off my 1000F and have got the exaust off ready to repaint the rusted downpipes
while it's off i am gonna remove the horrid honda silencer that was welded on when i bought it and using a bandit1200 link pipe im will
replace that with a tri-color titainium Art can!fingers crossed,just need to shorten the link pipe and it should work!

Cheers,CBR_LOVER

Old 01-16-2006, 03:49 PM
Default RE: An Exhausting Job!

Phew! After just over a week i have stripped the complete exhaust and repainted the downpipes.
Hacked the old can off and and with a bit of luck and welding here's the finished product!

[IMG]local://upfiles/3996/16D70ED86B7C4C9EBB2D8181C8419629.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/3996/4CF779F3FD794026A1169C19867DF33E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-17-2006, 12:00 AM

Nice job. And I see you can still use the centerstand. But you should have taken a before picture, a picture of the weld, and a picture of the painted downpipes.

Old 01-18-2006, 03:14 PM

Looks good how about a full side pic of the bike with the new can fitted ?

Old 01-23-2006, 03:32 AM

i like the look of the new pipe. the color change is cool. my 91 has a vance and hines on it now with the other side capped off. do u have any suggestions for an entire system( header to tailpipe) that will increase performance and sound dramaticaly. i had a 78 cb550 that had a drag pipe and header on it, and it sounded like a bad ***, but did not have the umph to go along with the noise. im affraid to invest money into a system that wont have the sound as well as the look. i completely believe in "loud pipes save lives". any advise is appreciated. once again good job on ur install.

Old 01-23-2006, 06:54 AM

Well Jim - as far as i am aware the only aftermarket pipes you can get here in the UK are MOTAD,a complete system is around £460-470 including the silencer
i don't think they would be that loud as they are replacements for the original 4-2 system.I know Two Brothers and Vance and Hines do slip on cans for the
1000f in the states,i am not sure about downpipes/headers though,i have heard owners before say that the Vance and Hines is pretty loud thou!
When doing the work on mine i thought about getting new downpipes but can't really afford it at the mo!so i decided to just clean up and repaint the old ones.
They were fairly pitted with rust and took a lot of cleaning up! I did see recently on Ebay a set of motad downpipes new for 250 and also some chap who was
breaking his 1000f for spares was selling a complete MICRON s/s system which i imagine would be really nice although i can't find micron pipes for sale anywhere.
Hope this helps!

Cheers,CBR_LOVER

Old 01-24-2006, 10:23 AM
jim
Default Wicked Exhaust

I do like the job you did on that exhaust its very smart, how about a nice side view photo?, my bike is the same except its got a red fly screen.

Hey Jim www.mandp.co.uk (M & P) sell a laser exhaust for the CBR1000F/S, I got one and put it on my bike. It cost about £400 and was a piece of cake to fit on the bike, I have noticed the loss of weight after losing the old Honda OEM product and there is still plenty of low end grunt but if you were dissatisfied with the minor loss in power up to 2000rpm I guess you could put a bigger sprocket on the back what will help with wheelies .

BTW has anyone here got the CBR1000F to wheelie and if so please post a picture of it, the only time my bike gets a little bit vertical is either when I jump off a hump back bridge or when the missus is on the back and momentum + throttle helps me out.