CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

The Dragon went down yesterday!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 11:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Dragon went down yesterday!

hi all

Yesterday because someone was driving with cell I had an accident, Luckily for me I only have a sprain finger( thanks the lord for a good helmet leather pants, leather coat, gloves and great boots!)

The bike was not as lucky i think in fact that if it were a living councious thing I would say it fell in a way to get me out of Harm's way as fast of possible. Anyway mechanically she is still perfect the frame is ok engine as weel, I came back home with her, but I will need you help for the cosmetics depending on the inssurances decision.

Thanks and be careful my bunch of friends!

The Dragon!

Old 10-10-2010, 12:41 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Carl, that's terrible news!

Thank god you were wearing all the gear , or it could have been a lot worse for you. Sounds like you're OK except for the finger.

Any help we can give to get the old girl back on the road is yours mate.

Old 10-10-2010, 01:17 PM

Glad yer ok Dragon! Put up a list of parts needed when you've gone over the bike....

Old 10-10-2010, 01:24 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Not good news, old friend. Whatever we can do to get your "girl" back to beautiful again, let us know.
Glad that you're OK.

Old 10-10-2010, 03:00 PM

Here are some pics

I was coming out of a curve still leaning and luckily i was not going fast, maybe 60kmh but the lady was talking on the phone looking for a street, and she slammed on the brakes, since i was reaccelerating slowing and coming out of my lean ,as soon as i touched the brakes, the front tire had not optimal traction for braking and just slipped, i can see the spot where it happened on the tire and it is not on the center, if i had had ABS it would not have a made a difference at all. worst part is she caused the accident and she did NOT stay onsite one of rider friend followed and took her plate, she decided to come back, we will see what the insurance are saying but i tallied up the parts and it might be over the Market value of the bike, even though mine was in mint condition as you guys saw on the pictures.

Thanks all

Attached Thumbnails The Dragon went down yesterday!-photo0079.jpg   The Dragon went down yesterday!-photo0080.jpg   The Dragon went down yesterday!-photo0082.jpg   The Dragon went down yesterday!-photo0083.jpg   The Dragon went down yesterday!-photo0084.jpg  

Last edited by DragonCBR; 10-10-2010 at 03:16 PM.
Old 10-10-2010, 03:38 PM

Is it worth involving the insurance company? Have you asked her if she's prepared to make good without involving them? .... Might be worth asking the question matey .... as it would be a crime to see that beautiful bike get scrapped for such minor damage! .... Hope you get a satisfactory result!

All the best ...

Old 10-10-2010, 04:00 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear that, Carl.

Old 10-10-2010, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by shakey
Is it worth involving the insurance company? Have you asked her if she's prepared to make good without involving them? .... Might be worth asking the question matey .... as it would be a crime to see that beautiful bike get scrapped for such minor damage! .... Hope you get a satisfactory result!

All the best ...

Had no choice as there was a police report.

Old 10-10-2010, 06:03 PM

Sorry to hear it ol son. Been there done that only it was my fault not some one else on a mobile phone causing it. Should be a law against it. Oh sorry I forgot.....there is. Pity the coppers don't actively police that law. How many accidents (collisions) are caused by mobile phones?
At least you're ok. Thats the bottom line. Even if the insurance company writes off your bike would you have the option of buying it back & rebuilding it???

Old 10-11-2010, 01:26 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about stack mate and I'm glad you're not too badly hurt. If her insurance ends up paying you might have to just go with the flow, but if yours are dealing with it make sure you talk to them before you let them write it off! Sometimes, just sometimes you get lucky and the person you deal with is into bikes and understands.

If the worst happens can you get an option to buy the 'wreck' (sorry to even use the word mate) back off them? Anything's worth a try.

Fingers crossed all round lads!!!

Quick Reply: The Dragon went down yesterday!