CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Do You Need Help?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 06:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do You Need Help?

Perhaps this thread belongs elsewhere, but since i have a cbr1000.......
since my journey of repair 101 with my first ever bike, ive ventured out a few times successfully, not very far, and other times...well....the bike just had enough i guess. BUT.....every single time ive been on the side of the road along side of my bike someone has always stopped to ask if i need help. Everytime. I think its pretty cool....i mean how many times have you seen someone in a car...obviously broke down, out of gas...etc etc...and have just driven on? Why is it that a person on a motorcycle appears much more needy? lol
So, the other day while traveling to a jobsite i come up on a gentleman on the side of a hwy, inspecting something on his bike....so i stop to offer assistance.
It seems now that i actually own a motorcycle, and have been broken down, i have been inspired by the willingness and kind gestures of others to pay it forward.......

Old 08-31-2011, 08:30 PM
Senior Member & Lord of the Odometer (300,000 Mles) & Counting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey:

Kindness and Goodwill never goes unrewarded for the helpful. Keep it up!

Dub

Old 09-01-2011, 05:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Funny you mention this..just the other day I was on the highway but in the car at night and I saw a bike on the transit lane and the rider several meters from the bike looking down, it was dark.. I stopped and got out of the car.for a second I thought hang on a moment good Samaritan gets killed by crazed bike rider, as he kept looking down but still walked towards me with his helmet on. I said hey mate you ok, and he started muttering something couldn't hear him too much traffic, anyways once we could hear each other I learn t that the poor bugger bought his little daughter a jewellery box with a whole lot of assorted jewellery rings and stuff and he strapped it in the back of his bike and it flung open in the wind and they scattered all over the highway..couldn't really help him but he was very appreciative of the gesture of stopping..so the next day when It was my turn on the bike on way to work it seemed all the trucks would move aside and just to let me pass on by very kindly karma powa