CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Disarming all lights

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 10:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disarming all lights

Hi All

im about 2 put a master switch on all lights on my 96 cane (brake lights/running lights and headlights)for if/when the fuzz gets 2 close at night. so with that being said, i wonder where the best place 2 tap into the wire harness is? i was thinking by fuse box(becuase i could tap in right by main light fuse mayby?) , but im not sure and finding nice place 2 kinda hide the switch, yet still easy access? oh and this should not cuase any problems with system hah? if done right

thanks in advance 4 any info

Work Hard Ride Hard Wake Up Hard

Old 01-31-2008, 11:29 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Disarming all lights

Your best option would be to run a bridging wire across the light fuse in the main fuse box, with a small paddle switch on the inside of the fuse box panel (facing the forks) although trying to outrun the police without lights is a dodgy proposition at best - don't forget they still have lights........Better to make use of outright speed for a distance, then switch them off if you have to......It's not something I would contemplate doing, but each to his own......

Old 01-31-2008, 11:48 PM

Ty shadow
and i agree ur right, but under the right condtions it would be nice, not something i'de try all the time , but a quick turn into alley(in small neigborhoods) without brake light could help me sometimes! much less just turning into my driveway without them knowing! ha ha and that sounds close 2 what i was thinking of doing just wondering if it were possible(sounds easy enough)

thanks shadow

Old 02-01-2008, 01:59 AM

ORIGINAL: twhnr4

(sounds easy enough)

What "sounds easy enough"... cutting the lights or running from the Feds? Personally I have always found it useful when the "bandit" vehicle kills its lights as they actually stand out more. If you can't lose the cops on a bike with your lights on I think you might be in the wrong game!

Regards
Sweeney Todd

Old 02-01-2008, 02:28 AM

I really think this is a bad idea.

IF you get in a situation that you warrant as "safe to run" and you manage to cut your lights but still get caught, dude, they don't like it when you run....they really don't like it when you run and cut your lights and then continue to run.

You are looking at numerous additonal charges that stem way beyond a "driving without lights" ticket.

They can hit you with **** you never thought possible simply because you ran without lights...."wreckless endangerment" comes to mind as does certain "public safety" violations.

A friend of mine thought he was slick...kinda like you....and he payed dearly for it.

Please don't be an ***......I mean think about it, lights or not, it's already hard enough to see a motorcycle plate at hi-speeds, nevermind at night.

You really think that's necessary?

Old 02-01-2008, 06:53 AM

ORIGINAL: twhnr4

Hi All

im about 2 put a master switch on all lights on my 96 cane (brake lights/running lights and headlights)for if/when the fuzz gets 2 close at night. so with that being said, i wonder where the best place 2 tap into the wire harness is? i was thinking by fuse box(becuase i could tap in right by main light fuse mayby?) , but im not sure and finding nice place 2 kinda hide the switch, yet still easy access? oh and this should not cuase any problems with system hah? if done right

thanks in advance 4 any info

Work Hard Ride Hard Wake Up Hard

Hahahahah... silly... you'll need night vision goggles, too.

Old 02-01-2008, 09:56 AM

There's also the question of trying to mask your reflectors too, they'll stand out in Sweeny Todd's (hi Phil) headlights and you'll look like a rabbit in hunting season. Here in SA if you try to run you may end up getting shot for your efforts, and will definitely get a fine in the $800 (400 pound) range, plus get arrested and end up spending the night in a police holding cell -NOT A GOOD PROSPECT, as you'll probably get violated for your troubles. Do it on Friday and you're a "Guest of the State" for the whole weekend. The only time I would advocate switching off your lights is if your regulator has failed and you need the extra current to get home.
Besides, how fast can you really go in the dark with no lights ?- I would lose orientation, and probably crash pretty soon. NVG's would help, but who carries those " just in case" ?
If you really feel the need to flee, think about it......

Old 02-01-2008, 10:06 AM

wow i hit a nerve ha ha

i was thinking more like making a corner without them seeing me not high speed chase(day or night its not for me) im to old for that crap! more tickes with no lights dahhhh , i hope i grow up 2 be smart like u. easy eough meant tapping into fuse box.

running from police with no lights oh boy glad i never said any thing abuot speed u guys did i love life

thanks 4 comments anyway. mayby i'll sell bike and get a walker u ole farts ok gotta go change shorts just the thought of high speed with no lights makes me have 2 crap

here in new orleans we all go out 2 highway 90 (witch is swamp land) to watch races. last night when the cops showed up i could have hit switch while every 1 else was scating and went down hog trail in woods just long enough for them 2 pass and went back the other way, and vwhaa lhaa! high speed chase at night with no lights (with out night vision ha ha) cracking me up anyway thanks again 4 the input

Old 02-01-2008, 10:59 AM

What's this about "old farts"......?[:@][:@][:@][:@][sm=badbadbad.gif]
Speak for yourself, and YOU asked the question in the first place.......[sm=badidea.gif]
I have a walker in my garage, my late Mum used to use, you can have it for cost of postage....he he. Now go and have your crap and stop pestering (fairly) law-abiding (senior)citizens. Watch out or I'll give you a smack with my cane.......he he

Old 02-01-2008, 11:23 AM

I personally do not condone the illicit behaviour you are suggesting, however I have a solution for you:
ride at the speed of light.

Quick Reply: Disarming all lights