CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

A couple of things to say

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 08:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A couple of things to say

Alright to start off I would like to man up and say shadow I'm sorry if I started anything with you earlier, I guess I'm just use to using the Kawasaki and Gixxer forums.....With that being said I would also like to man up and say that wow this is one of the greatest bikes I have ever rode in my life...I haven't got to ride much because of the rain here in North Carolina, but wow what an amazing/comfortable bike....Even my girlfriend enjoyed riding with me, and she never gets on a bike....After much consideration and speaking with my brother I have decided that I'm going to keep this bike stock other than a new exhaust and losing the exhaust fairings/covers....Shadow what is the difference between the cali edition and the others to get it down to 100 bhp....Just the exhaust restriction? Also I have added pictures of my other bikes, including the GSXR we are still building for the track.....the only picture I have of the CBR is with my friend when I first picked it up I will try to get better pictures of it when I get it over to my garage and cleaned up.... to many bikes now, I have to make room lol ......Once again look foward to posting with you guys

Attached Thumbnails A couple of things to say-moto-201.jpg   A couple of things to say-bike.jpg   A couple of things to say-bike1.jpg   A couple of things to say-downloadfile-8.jpg  
Old 03-28-2010, 09:49 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

JGroce,
I also own a Cali model 1000F, but it is a 1995. Not too long after buying it, I removed all the PAIR (pulse air injection) bullchit simply because it got in the way of me working on the top end. Had nothing to do with restriction. My Cali model had no restriction at all. This may or may not be the case with your '90, though.
I'd say an easier way to tell if it's restricted (other than pulling the carbs and checking for restricted boots) is to just have a good run on her. You should be able to tell if it's restricted or not.

BTW, nice bikes, man!

Old 03-28-2010, 11:19 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

No problem - you'll find that we aren't anything like the other forums.......
Maybe I was a bit harsh too, so, no harm, no foul.
(But I'm not taking you to my school prom, OK ?)

The restrictors are in the carb rubber inlet boots - they will have "ridges" in them which reduce the flow into the motor and reduces the power. All the "pair" cr-p has been thrown into the bushes off my bike too, before I bought it, as was the original exhaust.
It's a pain when you replace camchains and reset valves, as Trout has mentioned.
Don't throw your exhaust shrouds away - you can refit with a bit of "fettling" to fit anything you fit, be it 4-1 or 4-2. Some guys even chrome them, which looks good too.
Send Dean0 a PM and he'll send you pics. Looks good to me.
But, again, a matter of choice. I just think the bike looks "finished" with the shrouds on - gives it a look like nothing else on the road.
The "ocean colors" on the 90 are specific to the Cali bikes for that year, and only about 5% of the 1000F's ever came in that color, so look after the paint. If it is ever damaged, a co called
www.colorite.com has exact paint matches in the US.
Glad to hear you decided to keep her "road rideable"
You will find that on long trips you will outrun most other bikes, because she'll do about 180+ miles on a tank of gas, so even R1's will fall behind as they have to fill up more than you do. Also, after 500 miles on a day, you'll be able to party, everyone on everything else will be broken....... Trips of over 700 miles in a day are not unusual - I've done them more than once. There are guys on here that have done over 1500 miles in two days........
Good your girl likes the bike - most pillion passengers do - very comfy I'm told, but I've never been back there so.................. it also means you'll be taking your girls out more often........both of them......
Let me know if I can assist.

Last edited by Shadow; 03-28-2010 at 11:28 AM.
Old 03-28-2010, 01:49 PM
Administrator - Retired

(But I'm not taking you to my school prom, OK ?)
Quit beating around the bush, Pete, and just ask the guy!!
We all know you only pull a noob's hair when you really like them....

Plus, if for some reason he says no (which he won't. it looks like he really likes you, too!!), you always have sprock as a backup.
And you know for sure that sprock will put out...

Old 03-28-2010, 02:34 PM

I was going to ask your wife, but he said you'd be mad..........

Old 03-28-2010, 06:10 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ah now, this is good to see........ another Silver Bullet preserved in all it's perfection.
Way nicer than the dull slow and boring ........yawn .........black ones

& As for Trout ........thing is the only PAIR he ever had got discarded from his bike

Wanna play do we ?? Trout

Old 03-28-2010, 06:30 PM
Administrator - Retired

Ah now, this is good to see........ another Silver Bullet preserved in all it's perfection.Way nicer than the dull slow and boring ........yawn .........black ones
Hmmm....my bike is purring like a tiger. And yours?
(ok, that was low... but you want to "play"? )

I was going to ask your wife, but he said you'd be mad..........
Naaah, Pete.... why would I be mad? I've been done with sprock for a while now. He's all worn out... and all yours!

Old 03-28-2010, 06:40 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ouchy ........ low blow on the electrical bike woes ..... like you said ....it's only a matter
of time before you get yours with this pain in the *** Honda issue, as the song went ........
"I'll be there" ONLY with 10 gallons of gasoline ! oh yeah

Now you and your "partner" there really need to leave me out of your dang fantasies !

I know I'm a handsome devil but I have my reputation to keep as well and I don't
need two "Bandits" messing with my rep'

Last edited by Sprock; 03-28-2010 at 07:44 PM.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:12 AM

Trout and Sprock
Look up Hirohito's helical model.
It fits you two perfectly.

Bad luck on the R/R Sprocketman. Now you can fit a proper one. Tweedledee soon to follow suit I see...hehe

Old 03-29-2010, 08:31 AM
Administrator - Retired

Yeah, well the Electra Complex fits you perfectly.... look that one up.

Tweedledee... pffffft!

Quick Reply: A couple of things to say