CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Color Schemes

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 11:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Color Schemes

Greetings Everyone, I am glad to have found the CBR Forum. I hope to be a hurricane owner soon, as I am in the market for one. Among a few of my questions:

1) Was 1990 the only year for the red/white/blue Paint scheme? (kinda partial to old glory on 2 wheels) and yeah yeah I know it was the racing team colors..hehe

2) How hard are original decals to come by for the bikes in general?

3) I'm kind of torn between the 85-86 VF1000R Interceptor and the CBR1000F, Does anyone have any opinions regarding the good and the bad of both?

4)I have spoken to a couple owners that had their CBR1000F's for sale and they mentioned that the carbs should be cleaned out/serviced soon...is this a common issue, and if so how expensive/time consuming is it? I am fairly handy wrenching in the garage, but have ZERO experience with motorcycle maintenance/repair.

Any thoughts, opinions, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Old 07-08-2008, 12:36 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Color Schemes

Welcome to the Forum !
PICS and colours by year - I can't find the pictures page by year at the moment - 89 and some 90's were red white and blue. Some variations had a gold stripe.
Decals
http://www.xtreemedecals.com/default.tpl?cart=12704382818190&id1=170&id 2=177&startat=1&woSECTIONSdatarq=177&S ECTIONSword=ww1

Workshop manual
http://members.iinet.net.au/~cbr/Honda_CBR1000F_Service_Manual.pdf>
OR
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/midlife/i...ice_Manual.pdf
VFR/CBR1000F Both good bikes, but I wouldn't swop my CBR for an interceptor.
CARBS I've cleaned mine once in four years, only because a gasket was leaking on a float bowl.
General issues: camchain/tensioner on some bikes, mainly around 40 000 miles. The odd regulator/rectifier problem. Generally fine bikes, go forever.
Hope this helps Oh, and fill in your avatar details so we know where you live - easier to help you find stuff.

Old 07-08-2008, 06:57 AM

Hey Shadow, looking at the picture, what side of the road do you ride on (legally) in SA?

Old 07-08-2008, 07:13 AM

The left side, the correct side, unlike some who became confused in 1776....he he

Old 07-08-2008, 07:29 AM

Okay, don't get started on that....hehe.so over here in North America we normally acknowledge a head bob or a wave of the handtoother bikers (unless riding a Harley, the brotherhood of bikers) . I assume you wave to other riders in SA? Do you use your throttle hand or clutch hand. See, riding on the right-hand side (the better, correct way[:'(]) bikes are clutchside to clutchside resulting in a safer wave....

Old 07-08-2008, 09:48 AM

Nice point Gill! Right on for the right side of the road!

Old 07-08-2008, 10:44 AM

Ahhhhhhh, you boys are surely confused............
The left side is the right side, the right side is the wrong side, gottit ?
Clutch hand - if I used the throttle hand I'd probably get slaughtered by the minibus taxi on my ***...............[&:]

Old 07-08-2008, 10:55 AM

Oh poor, poorShadow. I realize you are just a product of your environment, so I'll consider that in your explanation of the correct side of the road to ride on, but you're dead wrong on this one! Riding on the left, or WRONG, side of the road means you need to wave accross your body so to speak. I think you guys who ride on the wrong side of the road should have left hand throttles! LOL Then you could properly wave to your biking bretheren!

Old 07-08-2008, 11:22 AM

Betcha don't have the "watch out - cops ahead" signal, dooya ?
Got you thinking now, eh ? A gloved hand to the helmet..............saves lots of money.....[8D]
A product of my environment indeed ......[:@]- WHY would I have to wave across my body ?- our eyesight here is good enough (from watching all the lions, zebras and leopards on the roads) he he, that we just raise a hand, no waving. Wavings's for the HARDLY DANGEROUS crowd, when their bikes break down....he he.

Lawd love us, whipsawed by a Canuck and a Southern Boy !
Bring out the corn likker and lobsters and we'll party ! he he

Old 07-08-2008, 11:28 AM

You guys are so funny about waving!!! In the US we do have a special wave for bike riders(except for Harleys). it will tell you quick who is seasoned on a bike or not. My brother just bought an FZ 1 and I forgot to tell him about "the wave". He said he "bobbled" the first wave or 2. LOL

Quick Reply: Color Schemes