CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

CBR Trike?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 10:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CBR Trike?

I lost my right leg a while back and want to ride again, but not a grandpa trike. So I picked up a 1000f and am triking it. It still has its sports bike look. Full fairings and all. It is a bit narrower then older trikes. it will have a chain driven ford rear end. I should be done in 5 weeks. Has anyone ever heard of anone doing this before? I am adding a wheelie bar to the back, just in case. It has longer shocks in the front and the seat is level with longer bars. Everything else looks stock to the back wheels.

Old 03-27-2006, 12:04 AM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: CBR Trike?

sounds like a really neat project, please post some pics when she's ready!

Old 03-27-2006, 07:19 AM

Sounds like a great project.

If you dont mind me asking is it not possible to ride with a prosthesis?

A guy here is Australia is developing a way of letting paraplegics ride bikes using "landing gear" that comes down where the centre stand is below a certain speed.

Old 03-27-2006, 01:35 PM

I've seen Honda Goldwing trikes. Can the rear from one of those be grafted onto the front of a CBR? I've never looked that close at one, but it probably uses the Goldwing shaft drive. Find the company in the back of motorcycle mags or online, and see if they make a rear that can be grafted on to your CBR. If you could make one where the front part could lean, but the rear wheels stayed level, that would be interesting. Or lean like the wheels on that Dodge Tomahawk.

Old 03-28-2006, 07:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yo, McBlaster!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ROCK !!!!!!!!!!!!! CBR TRIKE!!!!!!!!!!! OOOH YAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!! I've been look'n at trikes, to set up for a friend of mine, and the exstent of 1 off's, is bogling!!!!!!!!!
Exile cycle made a pretty cool look'n one, w/ a chain drive rear end. There seems to be abunch of people, that don't care for the granpa trikes, go for it!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey a air shifter, would work pretty slick, and w/ some fiddling, the linked brakes, shouldn't take too much to set up... bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chain driv'n ford rear end... now you got me... Pleeze elaborate!!!!!, before i cerebrial intercourse my self, to death!!!!!!!!!! In england i have seen collector boxes for the exaust, fabed under seat, to alow tips to be routed any where. Simple hydrulic tubing bendrs, are under 200$, at cut rate tool places, and have an aray of diff. peices to fit dif dia. tubing, and steel material places will be happy to advise on strength/ dia./wall thicknes. Got any circle track friends????, they are a valuable resource, for experiance and encouragment. wheelie bars sound cool!!!!!!!, IF the cops hassle you, a cross bar w/ a trailer ball, should stiffle them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Too cool !!!!!!!!. Look'n forward to see'n this one!!!!!!!!
e-mail me sometime,for encouragment and a fellow disturbed mind, to bounce ideas off !!!!!!!! Clean and free, only smoke'n harley's Ripp'n

Old 03-29-2006, 12:22 PM

Sounds like a good project!! More power to ya!

I googled around, and, found that the Busa is being converted by afew guys into trikes. Ya could buzz them to find out how they did it. You could even put one of these HUGE spoilers on the back!!

But, if ya are intrested, just google "busa trike" and it brought up abour 4-5 that I found

Just a little help if it helps

Tylor

Old 03-30-2006, 03:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey McBlaster, whatta think?????? I'd ride that thing , till they (court) threw away the key!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think your project is right on, and I can't wait to see it, in progress, and finished. COOL, COOL, COOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Clean and free, only smoke'n harleys!!!!!!!!Ripp'n

Old 04-01-2006, 08:41 PM

Here is one for sale on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1992-...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 08-16-2008, 08:33 PM

Well it seems Mcblaster had passed away, but here are pictures of his bike.I bought this from the widow. It needs a little work here and there as it has been sitting in a barn for a year. A little elbow grease, knocked the fuel pump around, bought a new clutch diaphram, battery, windshieldand new fork seals. Its alive! Maybe I need some mufflers as it got ALL the dang dogs in the area barking. Also needs turn signals and the wheelie bars installed. The first run lifted the front tire off the ground, I was testing to see how much power it had. No official time but I had it over 60mph in the subdivision, won't do thatagain. I gotta get this beast to mid Ohio and get some official number, but do I have the ***** (buckeyes)?

Old 08-16-2008, 10:49 PM

Hey looks promising, keep it up, never seen a 1000F Trike

Quick Reply: CBR Trike?