CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

cbr 1000f 1994

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 02:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cbr 1000f 1994

G'day fellow enthusiests. Ihave just joined this forum and it is also the first forum I have ever particapated in so please bear with me whilst I learn the correct protocol and you can deal with my spelling! Now to the bike! I bought a '94 cbr 1000f 2 years ago with 28k on the clock. it now has 40k and since having it serviced by Honda recently I have never been happier. I would however like the city traffic to hear me coming and not have to spend a lot of money on an aftermarket pipe. Does anyone know how to remove the baffles from the pipes without turning it into cop bait and if so what sort of ajustment, if any, would be needed for the carbs. Thanks in advance, Chris

Old 07-30-2006, 04:18 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: cbr 1000f 1994

G'day, back at 'cha !!!!!!!!!! Welcome to the most awsome forum... ever !!!!!!!!!!! You'll fit right in !!!!!!!!!!
I've got a 94, w/ a vance ss2 full system, jet kit and k&n, and love it.
If you pop the bucks, I think you will be happy'r in the long run... The stock system,"derestricted", will still be down on power comparativly, both in profile and out put. Unless you have acess to a dyno, cheap. Plus, you wont be loose'n the wieght from the upgrade to the aftermarket system or a possible mpg increase, w/ a properly designed system. You'll have to juggle jets, needle hieght, springs, and still not benifit from proper (exspensive jet kit dyno time developed) needle tapers, designed in conjunction w/ aftermarket systems... I can't stess the importance of those developed needles are in power, tunability, and driveability , in the real world of ride'n, They are the only part of a jet kit you cant just "buy" from like "dynojet", "cause they spent alot of time($$$) developing them to WORK properly !!!!!!

All of the upgrades work togather, pipe, can, jetkit, filter, and are designed to work togather, for the real world of ride'n. Good power, tuneability, smooth hp and torque curves, w/ no holes from loose ends, or glittering shortcomings from miss enginered home modifacations.
I don't mean to dim your enthusiasm... just save you some hassle, while adding fun to the outcome!!!!! Clean and free, Ripp'n

Sudenly, the bucks for a proper system, jet kit that works, w/ tried and true outcome, really is a value. I'd blow my $$$ on a good aftermarket shock, and MAGNUM horns !!!!!!!!!! Then when the hp ??? comes up... you'll have the suspension to utalize it.

OR start w/ about 4- 5/16" holes in the rear end of the tailpipe, around the exaust outlet, ride and check your plugs, If you seem "flat", in the mid range... shim, under your needles,and maybe a 1/4 turn out, on you air bleeds... and start save'n $$$, in that secret, well cleaned vegamite jar !!!!!!!!!!!! Clean and free, Ripp'n

Old 07-30-2006, 08:54 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome.
I also have a '94. I just put a Two Brothers slip-on on mine and love it. I did not have to rejet and it only takes 1/2 hour to install. More mid range (little bit more).
Not the gains that rippn is getting. $450 US ouch! Nice sound but, not to loud.
More throaty and deeper.

Try this...copy and paste to Words and let it do the spell check and then copy and paste back to the forum. That's what I do.

Hey! There are over 4,560 posts on this CBR1000F. Rocking!!!!

Also Chris on a '94.

Old 08-05-2006, 01:36 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I just found out that a someone in my town just bought a '94 CBR1000F in great shape with 9k miles on it for $3,500.
My friend chased him down thinking it was me. The guy told my friend the my brother had done the same thing.
My friend told me the address of the guy who sold it and I know of the guy. He has other CBR1000f's. He must have lost his mind to sell it so cheep.