CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Carb Troubles

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 12:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Carb Troubles

Sorry for the delay, My oldest (10 yo) Biological son broke his arm this weekend. Mom finally convinced him that he needed to go to the emergency room this morning about 2:30. Haven't gotten a lot of anything done this weekend with my "right-hand man" out of commission.
We have a deal worked out with him that if he does well in school this coming year he gets a trail bike and he was afraid that if his arm was broken that Mom would put the squash on the dirt bike. He said that if he broke his arm falling off of the dock into the river, she would be afraid that he would break his neck on a motorcycle. So he went most of the day saturday and all day yesterday with a broken arm walking around telling everybody that it was just a sprain.

He's either tough as nails or as stupid as his old man.

I'll take a picture when I get home this evening and post it. They do look exactly like mine though. Thanks guys.

ORIGINAL: Shadow1

Ta TBT - but we still don't have a pic from Riegnman to compare them to - Harry T's and mine are the same, I think (I'm a leg man too) - just don't want to waste time sending the wrong part (and the Leprechauns in my shed would be PISSED OFF too) he he. Sooner we know, sooner we can have Riegnman up and running again (and no fires) eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkk !!!

Old 06-23-2008, 08:59 PM
Super Moderator
Received 498 Likes on 450 Posts

ORIGINAL: Shadow1

Better ? No, Harry's GOOD - different angle, maybe
Say man, we've got some serious "Product" photographers here !!

Old 06-23-2008, 09:40 PM

My pictures are located at:
http://www.comeaway.org/carbs1.jpg
http://www.comeaway.org/carbs2.jpg
http://www.comeaway.org/carbs3.jpg
I can't get it to embed a picture for anything. May have something to do with my firewall.[:@]
Anyway, they all look the same. What do you guys think?

ORIGINAL: Harry_T_Hamster

Here you go

Are they the same?

Old 06-26-2008, 06:33 AM

HarryT,
You still interested in getting rid of a float bowl? I really need one. Also, where would a fellow be able to get a carb rebuild kit for one of these?
There is a shaft that goes through the carbs, I assume that the butterfly valve rotates on it, and it leaks a VERY small amount of gas on either side of the carbs from the end of that shaft. I mean very small. Mostly just bubbles, but I figure that I don't want to take them off again when I get it fixed so I'll go ahead and rebuild the carbs completely.

Thanks for the help guys.

Hi - I have a spare set of carbs that I am Have used to nick bits off (They came free with my bike) if shadow can't help then I may be able to whereabouts are you ?

Old 06-26-2008, 07:06 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Probably solve that with an O ring, riegnman.
Try www.davidsilverspares.uk - carb gasket sets are not cheap - just float bowl gaskets cost me $20 EACH......

Old 06-26-2008, 07:50 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: riegnman

HarryT,
You still interested in getting rid of a float bowl? I really need one.

Hi - I have a spare set of carbs that I am Have used to nick bits off (They came free with my bike) if shadow can't help then I may be able to whereabouts are you ?
Yes mate - just confirm that it is the 2nd one in the pic going from left to right and PM me your address - I will let you now the postage options.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:55 AM

Well,
I found the "dream deal" that I was waiting for. I found a set of carbs off a running 87 and a stock breather box with all the boots etc for $70USD. I couldn't pass up the deal.

I appreciate everyone's willingness to help, (and still wouldn't mind having the bowl so that I can have a second set of carbs). It just shows what a great community of guys and gals that you all are.

My carbs and breather box shipped out this morning, so hopefully I will have it ready for mine and my brother's ride coming up the middle of this month. If not, I'll have to ride my Intruder (which isn't a bad alternativeby any means).
Thanks again.
-wayne