CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Bloody Oil!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 05:02 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Bloody Oil!!

So nipped out for a quick blast tonight , while the roads are nice and quiet and I can lean it over around the roundabouts without having to worry too much about other traffic.

So doing my favourite local circuit , up a nice steep twisty hill onto the best round-about near my house and as I lean it over the bike feels just a little strange Not planted like normal.

I do a sort of figure of eight with the next roundabout come back round and find out why it felt strange . There's a lovely big puddle of oil just on the line I would normally take , I drift wide and give it a miss , but was so pi55ed off 'cos I couldn't play Of course the oil has been spread all over the place and will be there for days .

Been looking forward to a bit of sunshine and now I need a good downpour to get rid of this stuff!!

There are plenty of other rides I can go on but this is always gonna' be on my way back , I'll have to remember it's there!

Old 03-31-2009, 06:17 PM

This is a huge puddle of the black stuff , like someone's dumped their sump there . Maybe there was a crash earlier and the oil wasn't cleared up , I've seen cars mount the kerb in just about the same spot.

Old 03-31-2009, 09:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This will sounds strange to some but rundabouts are a very new thing here so we only have a few and they are ususally small.

Sounds like somone "trew a rod" and dumped all the engie oil.

Old 04-01-2009, 03:24 PM

Looks like a nice one Steve , I've got a couple like that spanning a motorway so you can do a kind of figure of 8 , just wish I could do the second one in an anti-clockwise direction .

They tend to wear your tyres more on the right-hand side , so I'm always looking for good left handers

Old 04-03-2009, 04:26 AM
October 2009 ROTM

I really hope you called the Road maintaince crews to tell them bout the oil, so that anybody else not so skilled/careful as you didn't crash their bike and got hurt!

Old 04-03-2009, 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by mikekop
I really hope you called the Road maintaince crews to tell them bout the oil, so that anybody else not so skilled/careful as you didn't crash their bike and got hurt!
Great news it's already been cleaned up! Can't believe it , some things do work in this country

Old 04-03-2009, 03:05 PM

I had to chuckle last week, on the way to work I spotted an oil trail in the road, anyway I ended up following it for a while and evey junction I came to the trail turned into a puddle, after a couple of junction there was a brand new top of the range Volvo with the bonnet up and a very "upset" looking bloke on his mobile. Someone at the dealership is in for a #ollocking.
The oil was gone by the time I got home

Quick Reply: Bloody Oil!!