CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

bad news front blow out

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 10:12 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Wolf ........sorry to hear about your spill man. Could be any one of us at any time
picking up a nail like that. But indeed as has been said by Shadow it's truly a great day
when man and machine come out it in better than average shape.

Old 07-12-2010, 11:53 AM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That would have been a nasty face-plant, even with an open face helmet, let alone none at all

Your gear seems to have stood up well, the Lookwell trousers look like the scuffs will just polish out! More than be said about the side panel Just goes to show you don't need to spend a fortune on big brand names to be properly protected.

You'll probably be stiff for a while, hell I was stiff after just picking the old girl up after she toppled over!

Take it easy mate

Old 07-14-2010, 03:58 PM
Thumbs up

Glad your OK mate

I dont get on here too much these days.
When I get back I'll have to sort out another Ace Cafe day and see if Mr Hawkwind can make it ;-)

Again mate - glad you're OK (Gonna make me think twice about having my flip open though - eeek

Old 07-14-2010, 04:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks you guy's. Will be going on holiday to Cornwall on Saturday, for a bit of R&R. Will start the strip down and asses the full damage when I get back.
One good thing came out of this, our young lad got to see first habd why we insisted on him wearing the right gear. Now he understands the need for it and agree's not to take chances with his skin. Oh joy of joy's, I wish it had'nt happened but at least my pain and the bikes scares have had the right affect on him. On refflection my main his gain and mum's and granparrents cant rest a bit easier

Old 07-14-2010, 08:37 PM

Glad to hear you are ok! Wow thats scary!
I hope it is all easy to replace and nothing crazy happens again like that! O_o

Old 07-15-2010, 07:45 AM

Sorry to hear about your accident, but glad youre ok!

Old 07-15-2010, 12:45 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........

Hey there Wolf, found a left-hand handlebar on e-bay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HONDA-CBR-1000...item2eae753f29

Old 07-15-2010, 02:17 PM

Glad you are ok Wolfman ! Sorry to hear it happened , but reminds again of anything ,anytime. The best point is the picture of your gear. I still get teased about "suiting up" especially the hard hat in the summer. I dont leave home without it . Glad your son(?) learned an easy lesson also on that.
Heal up, get the bike back in shape ! Theres still lots of ground to cover !

Old 07-15-2010, 04:00 PM

checked out the handle bar, thanks Hawk. I have'nt looked yet but do the bar come out off the clamp section if so I can repair it? If not I will buy the 1 off ebay. Hows sunny Brighto these days, have'nt been down there for ages, maybee soon I will.

Old 07-15-2010, 04:53 PM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013

Bloody hell Woofman. Bad ****.
It's the dreaded come true. I live in fear of my front tyre going bang every minute of every ride. I"m so glad your body is OK. That's what matters above all else.
Does it not make you think how very much worse it could have been...? a different road, a different speed.... Thankfully just a round about. I hope you weren't going too fast. You didn't really mention your speed.
If it's any consolation I had my rear tyre let go at about 140 MPH a couple of weeks ago albeit slowly, not a bang but rapid deflation. Something like that makes you wish you'd taken up ball room dancing at an earlier age. You really have to know how to control your partner in the middle of a bad move.
When your aches and pains have subsided, the silver lining can be realised. Good luck with the rebuild.
If you need a hand I'm not a million miles away. Just shout!

Quick Reply: bad news front blow out