CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

bad news front blow out

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 05:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bad news front blow out

Hi folks, bad news I had a blow out on the front tyre this evening while on my way to my ladies house evening. Was turning in to a round about and the front tyre went bang the bike went down and slid about 20 yards on to the midle of the round about. The damage is minor, it broke the left handle bar and scuffed the left lower fairing. Aint life a bitch I'm ok just a scratch on my hand and leathers and helmet need replacing. will put pictures on later when the day light comes. will be able to see more and pictures will better.

Old 07-09-2010, 05:53 PM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

glad you are ok, and that you were riding with your gear on. Just lets others know that anything could happen to anyone at anytime. I know that there are the handlebars on ebay, here in the USA.

Old 07-09-2010, 06:10 PM

Thanks bud will check out all the dammage tomorrow in day light but bikes are easy to fix. It's just a real bummer cos it was the side that I have'nt got a spare fairing pannel for. Ah well guess I get to practice my body repair skills and the respray will get done sooner rather than during the winter

Old 07-10-2010, 05:56 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........

That is bad news Wolfman, but good that you're OK. Could have been nasty

You put your gear to good use and it seems to have done the job well, after all that's why we buy it, not just to look cool

Let us know what you were wearing, I think it's always good to let guy's know what stands up well in a real life crash, not just the tests and the sales bumph!!

Hope the bike hasn't suffered too badly, any idea what caused the puncture????

Once again, glad you're OK, soon be on the road again, got to make the most of the summer

Old 07-10-2010, 11:14 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear that, Wolf, but like the others said....it could have been so much worse.
Also interested to know if you have any idea what caused the blow out.

Old 07-11-2010, 12:15 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It's been said that
Any crash you can walk away from is a good ride. A great ride would be using the bike again later.
Sounds like you had a great ride..............glad you're OK Wolfman - any reason WHY the tyre let go..............?
Bad luck whichever way you look at it..............

Old 07-11-2010, 08:10 AM

Hi guy's, thanks for the good wishes feel a bit stiff and my hands a bit tender but other than that I'm just fine. the buke has got a broken left handle bar and the lower fairing is badly scuffed, the front mud guard has a scuff about 2 inches round and the tyre has a nail in it so I guess that was the cause. Will get it fixed when I've collected the parts, but at least it's not bent. My gloves are a right off and so is the helmet. I was wearing leather jacket trousers and boots. I am so glad I was, I will put some photo's on later as my phone battery is flat. In the mean time at least I still have the goldwing to ride. Found a handle bar on ebay but the fairing may be harder to find so I may have to repair it. The mud guard will just need a bit of filler and paint. Catchyou later with the photo's

Old 07-11-2010, 11:20 AM

Hi guys as promised here's an update with photo's

Attached Thumbnails bad news front blow out-pict0002.jpg   bad news front blow out-pict0003.jpg   bad news front blow out-pict0004.jpg   bad news front blow out-pict0024.jpg   bad news front blow out-pict0025.jpg  

Old 07-11-2010, 11:37 AM

These are of the bike

Attached Thumbnails bad news front blow out-pict0009.jpg   bad news front blow out-pict0001.jpg   bad news front blow out-pict0005.jpg   bad news front blow out-pict0013.jpg   bad news front blow out-pict0008.jpg  

Old 07-11-2010, 08:36 PM

I'm glad you're ok mate! It's sad to see the damage to your bike but the shots of the helmet and leathers are a good reminder. That would have stuffed your head and knee right up without the right gear.

Like Hawk said, the leather's not just to look cool. Personally, I like the smell too.

Quick Reply: bad news front blow out