CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Bad news

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 07:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad news

Hate to say it, but right after getting my bike all fixed, the 4th of august (last tues), I was involved with a hit and run on my motorcycle. I have a 87 hurricane 1000f, and its pretty much totalled.
So I'm just wondering if anyone would be interested in any parts. I just had new tires put on the red rims with not even 200~ miles put on them =\. IDK, really sucks now I don't have a bike anymore, and the ******* got away left me for dead with tons of road rash.
A guy tried passing me in the gravel because I was doing the speed limit througha construction zone (pot holes), then I was going 65 in a 55, but still wasnt fast enough and hacked my bike really hard before I could react to the SUV on the side of me. I was doing about 65 when I got hit, rolled around a bunch, but walked away with no broken bones or internal issues. Helmet saved my life, steel toes saved my feet/ankles, and my backpack saved my back area. I got road rash just abou teverywhere else though and its been hurting like a well....all hell.
Let me know if anyone is interested in any parts like the engine with around 40k on it, wiring harnass, tires, rotors, the new stock chain & sproket set I just put on not even 200miles on it. =\

Old 08-14-2009, 08:04 PM

so sorry that happened to you, hope you are really ok, and whether he was caught by the authorities or not karma WILL catch up with that a**hole. and as long as you are ok the bike can be replaced, you can not. but anyway, a good friend of mine has an 87', i have a 95', but if you have any good plastics just post what you have and i will work with you, would rather help you get yours back togehter though, just let me know, glad you are here to ride another day though

Old 08-14-2009, 10:28 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well ...............man it's good you are okay even if sore, keep the rash dry and let plenty
of air at it for a week or two.........drink enough brews and y'll forget about them for
a half hour or so..............I commiserate with ya ..........a damned shame it happened........can happen to any of us at anytime

OH YEAH AND HEY...............GOOD MAN FOR WEARING ALL YOUR GEAR
we wouldn't be talking otherwise by the sounds of it

Last edited by Sprock; 08-15-2009 at 09:59 AM.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:41 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think in this case an exception will be made..............I'd rather you fix her, but if you must..........................
Damn I hope he gets his.

Old 08-15-2009, 01:10 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear that, Ryan...
It's a miracle that you didn't get more badly hurt than you did. Really, it is.
Good luck with the part-out or fix-up. Wish you well..

Beltstretcher

Old 08-15-2009, 01:24 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I go along with you mate ....onyu Pete

As long as the Beltstretcher don't spot it , we will be kool .

Rules are there to be broken, and the exception proves the rule.......

I'm sure 'ol BeltanGeritol will be OK with it.

Old 08-15-2009, 04:42 PM

Thanks guys, appreciate it much. I will post some low res pictures I took with my phone the day after the wreck.
The left side plastics are pretty much shot, and from the looks of it, seat tail on the frame is bent. The seat I just got redone is all scratched up again too! man...
But here's the bike, I'll try and post higher res pictures within the next couple days, just been playing games trying to take my mind off the pain but it is getting better!
I'll have to do a full teardown and inspection once I'm better, but for now im staying away from any hazardous materials like oils and such haha.

and the day i got it out of the shop not even a week before this all happened. Just a shame because I love taking care of my things, until others have to go and mess it all up for ya =\.

Last edited by RyanEricW; 08-15-2009 at 04:49 PM.

Quick Reply: Bad news