CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 1000F "Hurricane" (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000f-hurricane-38/)
-   -   airfilter pods (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000f-hurricane-38/airfilter-pods-158381/)

the fly 11-05-2018 05:14 PM

airfilter pods

anybody now witch size air filter pods i got to order from K&N ?

Its for my cbr 1000 f dual 1993

jarvid 11-06-2018 08:47 PM

I am a little confused, does your bike have 4 separate pod filters (non-standard and a pain to get the jetting right) or a single air filter in a plastic housing feeding all cylinders(standard)?

TimBucTwo 11-07-2018 03:42 AM

Pods are tricky.
If you want them , measure the opening.

the fly 11-07-2018 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by jarvid (Post 1318204)
I am a little confused, does your bike have 4 separate pod filters (non-standard and a pain to get the jetting right) or a single air filter in a plastic housing feeding all cylinders(standard)?

it has now normal airfilterbox and i want to put pods on them now

jarvid 11-07-2018 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by the fly (Post 1318212)
it has now normal airfilterbox and i want to put pods on them now

Bad idea, keep your airbox unless it is disintegrating from age, if you swap to pods you will need to re-jet and the middle 2 cylinders will need different jets to the outside cylinders. I would say if you have to ask what size pod you need the re-jetting muck around will be too much of a pain for you.
If you are just after more top end speed drop a tooth or 2 on your rear sprocket. If you want more speed down low for burnouts and wheelies go up a tooth or 2 on the rear sprocket.

the fly 11-08-2018 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by jarvid (Post 1318217)
Bad idea, keep your airbox unless it is disintegrating from age, if you swap to pods you will need to re-jet and the middle 2 cylinders will need different jets to the outside cylinders. I would say if you have to ask what size pod you need the re-jetting muck around will be too much of a pain for you.
If you are just after more top end speed drop a tooth or 2 on your rear sprocket. If you want more speed down low for burnouts and wheelies go up a tooth or 2 on the rear sprocket.

i don't need top ends speed because its a naked bike i have a 16 touth front sprocket and a normal rear sprocket .

Could you tell me witch jets i would need then for the middle two cylinders ?

Or what jet kit in total i also have a sync kit .

I have absolutly no choice but to put on pods .

I cant put the originel airbox back all my wiring is inside the bike and the dual brake lines also including the battery witch leaves no more space for the original airbox.

I also have a 4 in one exaust with an stubby exaust very small .

I orderd new air intake rubbers to put the carb on the engine it was a pain to find them.

The air pods would have anough fresh air going to them because i keep the side's of the frame open underneath the fuel tank

Its just a suggestion if i would restrickt the airpods a little bit as i have seen on youtube with a piece of cardboard in them maybe i dont have to rejet them.

Because i don't like opening the carbs they are in super condition

Once i opend the carbs of my old bike was a suzuki gsr 750 and had a lot of problem whith seals and leaks afterwards.

TimBucTwo 11-09-2018 02:13 AM

I believe the pods are 35mm to 40mm but best to measure.
Jetting will be 135 main, 45 pilot with 2 shims under each needle.
If you don't have the 'D' tool for the mixture screws you need to get one.
Turn the mixture screws 2 1/2 turns out.
She should run fine after that.

the fly 11-09-2018 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by TimBucTwo (Post 1318228)
I believe the pods are 35mm to 40mm but best to measure.
Jetting will be 135 main, 45 pilot with 2 shims under each needle.
If you don't have the 'D' tool for the mixture screws you need to get one.
Turn the mixture screws 2 1/2 turns out.
She should run fine after that.

Thank you very much for this info :icon_worthy:

The carb is off the bike can i do the mixture screws then without the "D" tool ?

the fly 11-09-2018 08:01 AM

i measure 58mm on the air inlet side of the carbs to put pods on could this be right ?

TimBucTwo 11-11-2018 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by the fly (Post 1318231)
i measure 58mm on the air inlet side of the carbs to put pods on could this be right ?

perhaps more likely 57mm, that's why it's best to measure. You will need the 'D' tool, I don't know what you would use otherwise.