CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

93cbr1000f fender elimintator kit DONE!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 09:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93cbr1000f fender elimintator kit DONE!

i spent about four hours between running to the store, lowes hardware, and tinkering around to complete my masterpiece. i will post pictures up soon. i used that kit that i mentioned in an earlier post, carbon fiber cat eye turn signals, and am getting a nice license plate light for it. Its nice having that huge anti-aerodynamic piece of cr@p stock fender off, and this on. It looks so much nicer.
for anyone with a visually unsatisfying fender, you really should invest a couple hours in fitting one of these on your bike. If anyone is interested in knowing how to stick one of these on a cbr1000f (93-96), message me.

Old 05-01-2006, 01:05 AM
Default RE: 93cbr1000f fender elimintator kit DONE!

I don't imagine it's too much differant on an 88 model, and I'd be somewhat interested in it too.. the previous owner had done it, but made the turn signals as part of the stop lamp assembly, and they weren't bright enough by far, in the daytime no one would know you're going to turn, so I put the rear fender back on just for visbility's sake

Old 05-05-2006, 04:56 AM

the cateye turn signals i got, are much brighter, yet smaller than the orginal huge ones on the stock fender
i love it!

i wouldnt suggest trying it if you dont want to mess with wires and that kind of stuff. i love rigging things up, so this was a great project for me. im still getting all kinks worked out of how i set it up, because if you want something easy to stick on there, your not gunna find it. it takes some working with, ie, when you take the fender off, the plastic wheel well on the inside will not stay in place unless you rig it with plastic cable ties or something.

bottom line- if your a good fix it type person and are mcgyver-like, this is simple, but if your not all that creative, dont try this at home kids. haha.

Old 05-05-2006, 04:59 AM

PICTURES!!!

I am more and more serioiusly thinking of doing the same thing.. I removed the rear fender (the one that bolts on to the swingarm.. wow, what a differance in the way the bike looks.. and I may revert to the "toy signals" the previous owner had.. though relectantly.. I would like to get something similar to what you have by the sounds of it