CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

2008 bike plans

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 03:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2008 bike plans

Hi CosmoBob !

So you moved up here...a good choice.
We'll probably meet sometime next year on the trackdays (Hella Ring). Maybe we could meet up some weekend when spring comes and go riding, i bet R1000 too will join.

To the bike, no big plans...my new frontsprings...new airfilter...oil...filter...check/adjust valve clearence...sparkplugs.

Old 12-01-2007, 03:23 AM

ORIGINAL:
I live around here.

Aah, strategic location that is near to Hälla, Rörken and of course Pepparoten in Eköping :-)

I was with SMC on pepparoten in 2006 and had tons of fun.

http://gyfflo.com/bilder/mc/enkoping...orange/37.html

A lot mor pics on http://gyfflo.com/bilder/mc/enkoping_20060618/

Old 12-02-2007, 04:14 AM

ORIGINAL: BLUE1000F

Hi CosmoBob !

So you moved up here...a good choice.
We'll probably meet sometime next year on the trackdays (Hella Ring). Maybe we could meet up some weekend when spring comes and go riding, i bet R1000 too will join.

To the bike, no big plans...my new frontsprings...new airfilter...oil...filter...check/adjust valve clearence...sparkplugs.
I'm looking forward meeting you guys. Hope you don't mind riding around me in circles.

Those new frontsprings of yours - are they the progressive ones that R1000 has recommended?

R1000:
I wasn't aware of Pepparroten being used for anything but gokarts. Looks fun! It's great that now I live close to tracks but sadly I am far away from the georgous roads where I come from.

Old 12-02-2007, 05:06 AM

You are right, Pepparroten is not used much for bikes, only when SMC can borrow it and that seems to be difficult. Same as with Hälla Ring in V-ås.

SMC will publish the 2008 track schedule on wednesday this week. http://www.motorcyklisterna.org/temp...ry.aspx?id=132

Old 12-02-2007, 06:01 AM

ORIGINAL: R1000

You are right, Pepparroten is not used much for bikes, only when SMC can borrow it and that seems to be difficult. Same as with Hälla Ring in V-ås.
Is there something we can do to make it more likely to happen?

Old 12-02-2007, 09:13 AM

Yes, the progressive ones (Hyperpro).
A guy ouside Hallstahammar had bought a whole bunch of springs and sold them on Blocket for the half of ordinary price.

Old 12-02-2007, 09:17 AM

I don’t think we can do a lot, the people in SMC works hard to get track time both on Pepparroten and Hälla and they know they are fullysupported by many bikers. The main problem is that go-cart tracks, at least the one in Västerås,pull ina lot of money during public days (for go-cart). The track fee per biker would be quite high to meet this. So it more like a nice gesture when they let the track be used by SMC/bikers. There was a request recently from SMC regarding Hälla; they asked if bikers would pay as much there as on a full-scale track if needed. The interest for this was quite good since those who have tried Hälla likes it a lot.

Hälla is much faster than Pepparoten and it also has quite nice height differences. The track is also very wide, eight meters if I remember correct.

I was very near to crash on Pepparoten; I was a little too keen to pass another bike on the inside of a hairpin and got a slide when the lean anglewas too high. I nearly took out the other bike and that guy was not terribly happy… I didn't got time be scared myself though.

Old 12-02-2007, 09:34 AM

Just have to hope that the Go-cart track owners are willing to share some time to SMC, so they can have these training days for bikers.

Old 12-02-2007, 09:08 PM

i'm not sure what my plans are yet but yesterday i took the motor out, hopefully i get it back in when the time comes. i'm happy to report i can still type with all ten fingers though. another fun fact, it weighs in around 189 pounds.

Old 12-04-2007, 08:00 AM

I'm currentlylooking for another bike to sit besides theCane. Most likely a V-twin. Test rode a Aprilia RSV Factory & a VTR SP1 last summer. Gonna try theAprilia Tuono Factory in 2008.

After the cane was dyno'd it was a MAJOR improvement to the way it rode before (in the outer two carbs the pistons were not moving up under vacuum as they should. This resulted in a whopping 65 BHP. After correct assembly and the jetkit it came at108 BHP with the clutch slipping. Last month changed the main wiring from ignition barrel, fusebox, battery & R/R to 4mm2 stuff. The muffler was repacked with new material from the manufacturer to make it a bit less loud. The jobs remaining are:

1) Mount the lowered Buell footpegs (as pointed to by Hardcorp) and tinker with the controls
2) Replace clutch plates (& going back to the dyno for another test)
3) Frontbrakedisks, hoses & pads
4) Stainless steel clutch & rear brake line because they are 17 years old
5) Dropping the front 2cm andreplacing the oil in the forks

Planning a ride to the mountain passes in italy / france / switzerland / austria (think Stelvio & timmelsjoch) this summer but because of work & school it's not possible to have a holiday longer then 5 daysup until the end of june and after that it's still not guaranteed.I'm currently counting on 10 to 12 days.I'm notgoing to race the cane over there. Taking the 'long way down'

Track days will be a no-no over here because my exhaust exceeds the limits at Assen & Zandvoort and it is measured while you're on the track. With some bad luck it's 2 laps and you're going home again. Maybe some track in Belgium (Zolder or Spa) or France (Pau comes to mind). I'm not going to attempt the nurburgring without some experience on smaller tracks. After which i suspect i'll be loving it like everybody else. Also planning a holiday to scandinavia in the near future but that will be by car. In the far future we'll be visiting relatives in OZ again.

Quick Reply: 2008 bike plans