CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

2008 bike plans

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 04:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 bike plans

What bike related plans have you made for next year? Will it be the same bike(s), upgrades or another bike? Are you going to make any long tours or perhaps visit any track?

The two current bikes here will be kept. No planned mods since they are like I want them. The thing that needs to be improved, is myself, the bikes are not the limit. I'll make a leak down test on both bikes next week. In case everything is OK, nothing needs to be done. None of the bikes burns oil and in case the leak down value is a bit high it is just to make a valve and seat job. I have no indications that this would be needed though, but if something has changed, the winter is a good time for doing fixes. The warm period should be used for using the bikes.

I have decided to make a few days on the Nurburg Ring again. I thought I've done this enough since it is very expensive, but realizes it is to far fun to give this up. The next time will be riding on public days. This will be far cheaper than being a part of a group that rents the track with instructors. It will also give the possibility to look around more freely in the German Alps and perhaps also Austria and the northern Italy.

And hopefully there will be one or more track days in Sweden to. The cops here are very active with laser controls. It is not possible to drive a personal pace as before without jeopardizing the license and also the health of others. Basically, this should mean more track days and no warp speeds on public roads.

Old 11-28-2007, 10:03 PM
Default RE: 2008 bike plans

My wife started riding again this fall after 20 years. She used to have her own bike when we got married. Now my 18 year old daughter come to show her interest of riding. My dream in 2008 is we all ride together, and hopefully my daughter will find a nice rider boyfriend. My wife is looking forward to upgrad her 1989 Ninja 250 to 2008 (already...). Me?... wish I can upgrade to Bird.

Old 11-29-2007, 10:19 AM

i'd like to try and get a aftermarket seat and maybe some new tires in 2008 other than that i'm like you , dont fix what aint broke.

Old 11-29-2007, 10:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just planning to fit the new vance & hines SSR2 exhaust i've just ordered, providing it gets delivered.

Old 11-29-2007, 04:09 PM

I plan on getting some use out of my CBR only got it in august, Have just done valve adjust and sync the carbs and new tyres, just need to change chain and sprockets soon so hopefully I can just ride for a while.

Old 11-29-2007, 06:17 PM

I just got my '87 back on the road this summer after 13 years in the garage. I put new tires, brakes, rad flush, plugs and filters on this summer.

I'm in the process of mounting a Vance & Hines SS2 R.

I have her stripped down, trying to take some dings out of the tank, fix some road rash and then repaint (planning on a deep, glossy blue with silver decals).

I also need a new chain and mirrors and I think she's ready for another year.

I was thinking of a Blackbird, but I think I'm too happy with my Hurricane to change.

Old 11-30-2007, 10:53 AM

Next year I will probably continue to ride my CBR1000F 1995. I love it, so why not! (I'd liek to test a few other models though.)

No changes planned, except for me getting better at riding it. And perhaps rain tires, considering the lousy weather we had this summer.

Since I've recently relocated, this year I need to find some good twisty roads close to my new home. Unfortunately, this far most of the twisty roads I've found nearby are also paved with gravel [:'(]. And hopefully, there will be more than plenty occassions to push the outside of my envelope (ie my riding skills (it doesn't take much)).

I've never tried riding on track so I really hope this year will be the first, and second, and third...

2008 will hopefully NOT be my first to get a ticket.

Old 11-30-2007, 11:22 AM

I've seen more tickets the last two years than is healthy...Where are you located Cosmobob? It would be nice if you and others can join next year on track visits. The only event I know for sure right now is the Bike days at Karlskoga and of course SMC trainings on Gocart tracks that is very fun and learning. I have also the possibility to join a couple of guys in Västerås to the Nurburg Ring in beginning of June and said I will follow. In case they cancel the trip I'll still go there in June.

Old 11-30-2007, 10:53 PM

I may give mine a wash.

Old 12-01-2007, 02:43 AM

ORIGINAL: Trips

I may give mine a wash.
LOL

R1000:
I live around here.

I'm a real newbie so i gather I would profit greatly on going to the tracks, and reports say it is great fun! Therefore I'm planning on SMC-events in Uppsala (or wherever) and Hälla Gokart. At Sporthoj.com I've also read about California Superbike school nearby but I don't know where or when yet.

Quick Reply: 2008 bike plans