CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

1993 Front wheel Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 12:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1993 Front wheel Questions

Chitownart, I've had the front wheel off, but, no, I've never had the rotors off (can't vouch for the previous owner(s) though). And Shadow, I specifically asked for no comments regarding my bikes state of cleanliness. And as for a farm, what the hell is a farm? I'll cut you some slack since you're from the other side of the planet, but I'm from Philly, which I'm sure my American friends here understand is short for Philadelphia, the 4th (or is it 5th) largest city in the U.S., home of the Declaration of Independence, the US Constitution, the Liberty Bell, cheesesteaks, and all of the Rocky movies. I can spit out my window and hit South Street, which, as the hit song from the 60's proclaims, is "where all the hippies meet". Ain't no farms around here.

Old 05-06-2008, 12:29 AM

Pacojoseph:

Awesome!!! that answers my question. Again thanks

Thanks to all

Art

Old 05-06-2008, 12:29 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

When I stripped the rotors, and ground the paint off, the shudder disappeared, so yes, just the paint - a few thousands of an inch can make the world of difference. Glad yours seems ok, but try the brakes and see......(I'd still take the paint off the mated surfaces,)- be the worst thing to reassemble it all, and have to take it all down again, in riding season, just for a couple of layers of paint.....which you never see anyway.

Old 05-06-2008, 07:02 AM

Philly eh Pacojoseph? Go Penguins!! BTW, Sidney Crosby's house is 5 minutes from mine. I used to watch my neighbour kick him off their lawn for playing ball hockey on it.

Not to mention the cream cheese! One of my goals one day is to enjoy a authentic philly cheese steak sandwich.....

Old 05-06-2008, 07:42 AM

No offense meant, Pacojoseph - you should have gathered by now that I enjoy a joke now and again. As for being from the far side of the planet, that's true, however I have ridden route 66 all the way across the US, and down to Galveston,so I'm aware of the geography of your fine nation, and exactly where Philadelphia is. They used to have a football team called the Eagles, I believe ?
Please accept my aplogies, no offense intended........

Old 05-06-2008, 07:58 AM

So that was your Hurricane coming acoss the Atlantic? Hope you didnt get too wet.....hehe Good ol' Route 66..........

Old 05-06-2008, 08:13 AM

Nope, not a Hurricane, not very buoyant...he he
A good few years ago I had some time, and some funds, and decided to explore the US.
I was riding a Norton Commando, everything strapped all over it like a Touareg on honeymoon.....
And I did it ALONE.........
Had a great time, met some fine people.........love to do it again, sometime soon, but will include Halifax IN SUMMER - I want to ride across that bridge !
Pse excuse thread jack Chitown Art.....[X(]

Old 05-06-2008, 12:00 PM

Shadow, no offense taken. We're used to folks from great metropolises like Pinetown and New York City (100 miles north of here) looking upon us as a small country town. And, yes, we did have a football team named the Eagles, as recently as two years ago- I'm not sure what sport they were playing last year. And if you rode Route 66, you must be an old fart, since I don't think there's much left of it anymore- it's been replaced by I40, by and large, I believe.
And Gill, who is Bing, er, I mean Sidney Crosby? Any relation to Bill Cosby (another Philly native). And the Penguins, aren't they a minor league Hockey team from Pennsylvania somewhere- Erie or Harrisburg or wherever. Anyhow, I know how gaga you Canadians go over hockey, but I'm not a Flyers fan unless and untill they reach the Stanley Cup finals, so I've got at least a week or so before I jump on that bandwagon. As for cheesesteaks, I'd recommend Jim's Steaks on South St. or Delesandro's in the Roxborough section of the city. Stay away from Pat's or Geno's in South Philly. Though they tend to draw the press, the politicians and the celebs, I'll only eat at those places after 2 a.m., when all of the other cheesesteak houses are closed.

Old 05-06-2008, 12:32 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Philly is no small town. What, Isn't it like the 4th largest port city in the world?

Ahh yes, 2am at Pat's. I think any cheesesteak tastes good at 2am after about 20 or so $1 porter drafts from McGlinchy's. Do they still have that $1 deal? It's been a few years......

My sister just finished her doctorate from UPenn, so she lives nearby. Had a couple friends from the area, too.

Old 05-06-2008, 12:42 PM

I haven't been to McGlinchey's in years so I can't tell you about about the $1.00 drafts. I'm a Dirty Frank's guy anyway- play shortstop on their softball team- and Frank's and McGlinchey's don't mix.

Quick Reply: 1993 Front wheel Questions