CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 1000F "Hurricane" (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000f-hurricane-38/)
-   -   1987 Honda CBR750 Hurricane (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000f-hurricane-38/1987-honda-cbr750-hurricane-140891/)

tenpastnine 08-05-2012 11:59 AM

1987 Honda CBR750 Hurricane

5 Attachment(s)
Heya CBR owners!

Just bought a 1987 Honda CBR750:icon_bike: hurricane project without knowing just how rare they are! Turns out very, so i thought would i would come on here to show you all what i got and my progress and hopefully get some help on part finding:icon_wink:
Attachment 36920

I also have another project on the go 1987 Honda CH250:icon_moped: witch mechanically is almost working:icon_dance-cpatch: still needs paint and some wiring tidying up.

Back to the Hurricane, i have started taking it apart today frame looks to be all good, can't get it started but the fuel is 10years old, so iv emptied the tank and put new fuel in it but still not starting so i have ordered the very long reach wrench i need for the spark plugs and hopefully will get it started next week!

Also need a new exhaust as to my surprise considering its been in a garage for most of its life it totally rot, unlike the rest of the bike :icon_shrug:
So hopefully getting a nice stainless system!

Attachment 36921
Attachment 36922
Attachment 36923
Attachment 36924

larry1096 08-05-2012 12:53 PM

I didn't even know they made a 750. Are you in the states? If not, I wonder if it was a 'Europe-only' model?

Looks awfully nice for a project bike; can't wait to see it when it's done!

Larry

tenpastnine 08-05-2012 01:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Im in England!:)

Bike is a Jap import i think, i don't have any import papers but all the warning stickers are in Japanese (like the one by the chain).

Attachment 36919

hawkwind 08-05-2012 04:18 PM

Hi there, nice bike. There are a few 750's around, but they are much rarer than the 1000's.

I think the plastics are interchangeable, so you might be able to find a tail unit, I'll keep an eye open for you.

The front cowl's are very expensive and hard to come by so the best option is to repair what you have.

Fill in your location details (just the general area) and it'll help us find parts for you. Also we are an international bunch on here, so help us help you :)

tenpastnine 08-05-2012 04:28 PM

I was going to attempt to repair all the panels theres cracking down one side where it had been dropped.

But it'll be nice to find a new rear panel i think as there are parts missing from it :icon_smile:

I'm not to far from you actually :icon_toast: !

Hueristic 08-05-2012 04:41 PM

Very nice, Wish mine was lighter. :)

Sprock 08-05-2012 06:44 PM

Welcome to the Forum - special indeed and worth any effort and aggravation imo.

Delkevic , Nexxus & Motad are all good silencer options for it :)

No start eh ?

Few things

Fully charged good battery
drain float bowls
drain petrol tank & unscrew petcock and check in tank filter
some new plugs + air filter will help

Could even just try a clean aux fuel bottle to get her running
then back track on any potential fuel prob's

Hope you get her to fire up soon

kiwi TK 08-06-2012 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by tenpastnine (Post 1182548)
Im in England!:)

Bike is a Jap import i think, i don't have any import papers but all the warning stickers are in Japanese (like the one by the chain).

All are "imports" unless you live in Japan. My recollection is that they were a domestic market only model because of some tax/registration break in Japan.

Keep an eye out for RuapahuNZ on the forum. He has one and knows all about them.

Welcome
TK

CBR1988 08-06-2012 08:11 AM

CBR Bodywork repair

[QUOTE=tenpastnine;1182585]I was going to attempt to repair all the panels theres cracking down one side where it had been dropped.

But it'll be nice to find a new rear panel i think as there are parts missing from it :icon_smile:QUOTE]

Hey:

For any bodywork repair use this stuff as it is one of the few that work if done by following the instruction or youtube vid. Good Luck with your Projects and Welcome.

PlastiFix

Dub

hawkwind 08-06-2012 10:49 AM

Used to live near Hastings myself :)

There are a couple of us not too far away for a ride-out when you get it going :D

Let us know if you need any help, there's a lot of experience on this forum.

There's a couple of tail units here at a good price.

CBR 1000F Tail Fairing , complete with rear light 1988 FJ | eBay

CBR1000 CBR 1000 F REAR SEAT FAIRING PANEL TAIL LIGHT COWL | eBay

Cheers Steve.