CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

'08 CBR1000RR vs. '96 1000F...say what?!?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 07:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up '08 CBR1000RR vs. '96 1000F...say what?!?

Yep...Honda Nut lost his cool but having ridden both bikes today, back to back....the ole' girl still owns my heart!
I got home from work yesterday, rushed through my yard work, got up this morning at 5:30am and started on my part of the house chores. I head to the garage to check all the bike's air pressures and get ready to ride. The new 1KRR needs miles put on her so I can get the first service done so off we go. Two hours later, I roll into the garage knowing I need to get the '96 out on the road.
Pulling out onto the road, letting the clutch out and running through the gears brings a huge grin across my face. Too quickly, I'm pulling back into my drive. A little over two hours passed so ride time is nearly the same, I believe thisshould be a fair comparision.
1KRR - is speed, defines agility, transitions from left to right almost before you will it to. 5K - 10K rpms = fun X 10. Two hours passes pretty quickly.
1KF - is grace, dead steady and refined. You ride in her, not perched on top. Two hours float by and you feel relaxed when you arrive, not drained.
I told my wife after she walked into the garage watching me gear down, "No matter if tough times hit, this bike will never leave. I will sell all my bikes but I have to keep this one. She is just too damn sweet." If you own one, good on ya' but if you don't; don't delay. They will be gone one day and you will wish you had owned one. Tomorrow's weather forecast is 64 degrees...can you guess which bike I will ride at the end of the day? Sorry this is so long but hope you enjoy the read. Later, JD

Last edited by Honda Nut; 02-20-2010 at 07:41 PM.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:13 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hell yeah. Preach the gospel, brother leanit! (er.. I mean Honda Nut.. )
It's the reason I'm always saying that it would be soooo hard to get rid of my old girl.
Don't get me wrong, the new 1krr is one sweet machine but it's a different beast. The 'Cane feels like "home". It's comfortable and it gives you what you need. The new 1krr is kinda like a smart condo....lol..
Performance wise, sure... the RR is a winner..... but, the 1kf is still quick, stable, comfy, and it just "fits".

Old 02-20-2010, 11:58 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

She's mine, she's paid for, and probably all I'll ever want from a bike. I've ridden the insane bikes all the way to the Busa,ZX14 etc - NO THANKS.

Old 02-21-2010, 04:24 AM
Talking

Defenitely agree1

that lady defenitly has something for her, she became a cult bike. and the more she ages, the prettier she gets!

Mine is paid for and if i get another as Honda nut says, she won't leave the house.

Old 02-21-2010, 07:02 AM

What is hard to take is you carnt buy a new CBR1000F

Old 02-21-2010, 04:21 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up Totally agree

Originally Posted by weekendrider
Too right there, I'm constantly keeping an eye out for another equally sexy twin sister at the right price ....... these girls have soo much class yet so
thrilling when you let them just be themselves...... unequaled in my opinion.

Old 02-21-2010, 04:47 PM
Default Right on!!!

Originally Posted by weekendrider
Why Honda stopped making the 1KF and Blackbird is a loss for sure. I have thought of selling my '07 VFR and buying another low mileage F. I love the RWB model but the silver/gray combo looks so classy. Damn Honda, read these threads and design a new F. That turd of a VFR is a crying shame especially at $16K. The same concept,if they would have used an inline 1200cc four and BAM...the 2011 CBR1200F. Calling that bike a VFR is a shame. If done properly, the one I describe could have replaced the ST1300 when set up for touring and they could have went back to more of the '86 VFR style. Nuff said. Maybe I should apply for a design job at the big H.

Old 02-21-2010, 04:53 PM

I am going to get shot to say this, but there was a replacement for the blackbird, it just was not ready on time and lost it's production window, i read this in the VFR1200 presentation in Bike magazine, which means that they did not have the time to retool the production line on time because the VFR was comming, they plan these bikes about 5 years in advance. So if we are lucky they are working on a brand new blackbird or 1000f at the moment!

Wonder what it look like...

Quick Reply: '08 CBR1000RR vs. '96 1000F...say what?!?