CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Aftermarket (https://cbrforum.com/forum/aftermarket-28/)
-   -   Motomummy Experience (https://cbrforum.com/forum/aftermarket-28/motomummy-experience-137385/)

gint 04-27-2012 03:38 PM

Motomummy Experience

* Against my better judgement and what my friends warnings I decided on Sunday 15 April to order a set of levers from motomummy.com. Order went well took two days to process and two days to ship. Not bad by any means.

Here is where it starts to go south. When I order from a site that claims "Technical knowledge is something we have always prided ourselves on and always will. We are not a company that pulls a box with a sku number and just ships it out." I expect to receive the correct product.

Unfortunately, that was not what happened. I received the correct clutch lever as I ordered it. The brake lever on the other hand is for a buell...I can understand maybe sending me a cbr1000 lever or newer 600rr lever on accident but a buell lever?

Needless to say I was slightly agitated. I called them. After 4 attempts I got someone on the line. I explained the situation and was told well we send you a label then you ship it back to us then we ship you your correct item after we receive the original item back and process it. I asked if they would ship me the lever overnight tomorrow and ill ship the wrong one back tomorrow. She said no and said if i am in a hurry i can just reorder it and they will ship it tomorrow. Then I have to trust they will refund the money when they get the other lever. So in essence pay for the same product twice because of their mistake.

Mind you, here is a quote from their Terms and Conditions: "
If a product is in error of MotoMummy.com we will not have any restocking fee's and will cover shipment back to us (We are human and at times make mistakes). Before more products are shipped out though we must receive the item back. We will cover all expenses on any mistakes made by MotoMummy.com, but if you want to send a product back faster than ground or priority mail you must contact us first for us to cover overnight or 3 day shipping charges. If you need the item faster and cannot wait for the product in error to get back to us then contact us and we will work you to meet your needs"

Yea that conversation sure seemed like they are working to meet my needs. Also, it seems by that clause that they WILL cover overnight shipping...funny how it was made to sound ridiculous when I called.

It wouldn't be that bad if it were one item then I ship it back and don’t see it, but it is a pair. Now i get to look at the nice clutch sitting on my dresser for a week and a half and wait for the brake.

So I e-mail them and say that I am not happy about the service I received and that I want them to call me the next morning. To my surprise, I get a phone call a couple minutes later from corey. He was very apologetic and said that if I get it out by Friday the 20th I would have my replacement by the next weekend.

So that’s what I did. I made sure to get it out on Friday.

The return arrives on Wednesday April 25 at 1200. I email them and ask if the correct lever will ship that day and I am told it depends on when they get it.

Thursday comes, no email. So I call and talk to erin and ask if my lever will ship that day. She assures me that all of the exchanges will ship that day and I will get an email that afternoon with shipping information.

Friday comes no email. So I email them at 1230 and ask for an update on my return. It is now 430 and I have no shipping information and no reply.

It makes me laugh that I rush to get out the item the next day based on what I can only assume now is a lie that I will get my product by the next weekend. Obviously, they cannot be bothered to show some expedience in correcting one of their mistakes.

This also makes me think had I ordered ANOTHER lever and shipped the other one back I would still be waiting for my refund. Good thing that they cover their ass and only ship new items out when they receive the incorrect ones wouldn’t want someone loafing around with your product and be out the money for it right?

I am sure that there are Motomummy fans out here and I do not discredit the good service that you were provided. I am just left a very disappointed and irritated.

I can’t seem to find a reliable place to order stuff for my bike. Anyone have suggestions?

sickcbr1k 05-06-2012 12:31 AM

I am so glad I read this review, as I was just on their website window shopping. So...thank you. And I have used bohemianracing.com for a lot of my parts recently and I haven't had an issue yet! I have placed about 8 orders with them and am very pleased with their service and products. Hope that helps, and I hope that motomummy get their **** straight for you!

DoubleEclipse 11-27-2012 08:26 AM

Wow, glad I read this post. Good information to know and I'll def look at other vendors and site sponsors.

Neonfire 12-01-2012 01:17 PM

I have ordered multiple items, multiple times with no ossues

Outkastchoppers 06-03-2013 03:48 AM

I have always loved motomummy and never had a problem. But its been a while since I purchased anything from them, so maybe they are going downhill or you just caught them at their worst moment. The company I buy a lot from now is www.oppracing.com They have some nice aftermarket stuff meant mainly for racing

Spook155 06-03-2013 09:49 AM

Always have, and always will order from the mummy. Corey and Erin are good people, and the expanding business does make their timeframes a bit wacky, but they have always been good to me.

Having said that, another fantastic option is sportbiketrackgear.com and what's even better is that they are now running with free shipping on all orders for June.

CJardine 06-03-2013 01:25 PM

Its not unreasonable to be unwilling to ship a replacement lever in good faith that the customer will return the messed up one. And I'm not sure how I feel about oppracing, I ordered a CF hugger for my bike in Jan and they just got it to me. They said that they were swamped with emails about the delayed shipment (Not sure if outkastchoppers had the same experience). I do have to say they have a lot of cool stuff!