CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Aftermarket (https://cbrforum.com/forum/aftermarket-28/)
-   -   Led light opinions (https://cbrforum.com/forum/aftermarket-28/led-light-opinions-105531/)

oldwhite600 02-02-2010 06:38 PM

Led light opinions

Hey everyone my question is just an opinion of appearance. I wanted to get some led underbody lights for my 95 f3 which is white with black wheels and black stickers. I would like blue but i believe that its illegal here in wisconsin. I dont have tons of money to spend so Id like to keep it under 60, but ive found kits of any color for that and one of the color changing ones but only has 6 strips so im not sure if it would light up enough. lets hear some opinions!

Kuroshio 02-02-2010 07:29 PM

First off, let's just say you get what you pay for. My first kit was a solid blue, cost about $70 and was a crimp & splice nightmare. And was pretty weak despite 90 leds total over 10 strips

The kit I have now (in my sig) cost $150, does 'million color' + several flash pattern and ws plug / play install (no splicing / crimping). And with 6 strips is extremely bright. I might expand with 2 more strips as I put 4 under the tail and 2 at the forks. Thinking of putting 2 somewhere under the tank.

bikerboy46032 02-03-2010 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by oldwhite600 (Post 879627)
Hey everyone my question is just an opinion of appearance. I wanted to get some led underbody lights for my 95 f3 which is white with black wheels and black stickers. I would like blue but i believe that its illegal here in wisconsin. I dont have tons of money to spend so Id like to keep it under 60, but ive found kits of any color for that and one of the color changing ones but only has 6 strips so im not sure if it would light up enough. lets hear some opinions!

as far as legality i believe that you can only have white lights to accent when driving. however if the bike is parked, you can have whatever you want. last summer downtown indianapolis was a perfect example of this. a guy had flashing blue led's on his harley and as soon as he moved the cops down there stopped him. they were parked across the street waiting for him to move. 1 cop got his ticket book out and everybody started to boo him and another cop came up to him and said something and they ended up giving the guy a warning.

Long story short, don't drive with them on to be on the safe side.

gwmalo 06-17-2010 04:00 PM

The laws are that you cannot see the light bulb itself, if you can see the reflection but not the light then it is fine, so you have to point the lights in a way that it has a sort of mirror effect. It wont be as bright but you can ride with them on, oh and you cant do alternating blue right and red, like a police car does but that goes without saying

halomatic 07-06-2010 01:28 AM

Man, when I bought my bike I stripped 30+ leds off of that thing and I'm still trying to repair all the wiring! It's a mess!

Budwin63 07-25-2010 02:16 PM

laws are different for different states, I've heard that red (fire), blue (police), and green (ems) are all illegal. In Louisiana, I believe it's up to the officer's discretion as to whether or not the lighting serves as a distraction to other drivers...on a bike, however, they usually won't give you grief because let's face it...the better we are seen, the less likely we are to get hit.