CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Aftermarket (https://cbrforum.com/forum/aftermarket-28/)
-   -   H.I.D Kit from ddmtuning (https://cbrforum.com/forum/aftermarket-28/h-i-d-kit-ddmtuning-106650/)

Candypaintdrip 03-02-2010 06:26 PM

H.I.D Kit from ddmtuning

Hey I know this is a very comon thread, and I have done my reading thru other ppl posts, but I need a more direct anwser. I heard www.ddmtuning.com is considered a good place to purchase a h.i.d kit. Theyre kit comes with everything you need includung the balasts, bulbs ect. My question is, is 50 dollars for this kit to cheap? I dont wanna buy a cheaply made set that will burn out or melt my headlight housing. Here is the link to the page, its for my 2003 honda cbr f4i. I came to you guys cause many ppl here are very knowlegable. Thanks for your input!! My bike is almost ready for spring! http://www.ddmtuning.com/index.php?p...arent=61&pg=1t

Also, if you know of a place where u may of bought your kit, please feel free to throw it out there for me to consider

zshobe09 03-04-2010 06:56 PM

I have heard if you run the 55w versions vs. the 35w ones that the 55's will burn your housing out. I think it was just a precaution because it happened to maybe one or two ppl because i havent heard it doing that to anyone else. But I would also like some light shed on this subject. I wanted to get 10k 55w's from there and i wanna know how blue they actually are? Pics would be awesome. Only reason im going with the 10k over the 8k is because aty 55w they lose some of the color due to the massive amount of light coming out. So good choice or bad choice? I have a 06 CBR600RR

Candypaintdrip 03-04-2010 07:33 PM

As for the wattage goes, I was under the impression that the 35w is for your running light, and the 55w was for your high beem? As for color 6000k is white as it gets with a hint of blue ( recommended ). Anything past 6000k to 12000k will give more of a purple look, but at that point you actually sacrifice the amount of light you will project onto the road. So the higher the number would be more of a custom look, not purpose of h.i.d

WhiteKnite 03-05-2010 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by zshobe09 (Post 889691)
I wanted to get 10k 55w's from there and i wanna know how blue they actually are?

10k is very blue and makes for a pretty unnatural look as Candypaintdrip mentioned. I use 12k for the color and visibility (i stick out like a sore thumb from other traffic) but lose a lot of light because of it, still brighter than stock though. Check the legality of it though. I get away with it because I live in Korea where you can have red and blue turn signals, run with no plate and stack mattresses 10 feet high on top of your car while running a red light and nobody cares.

zshobe09 03-05-2010 10:18 PM

Heard that. I live in the states. In VA actually and theyre prety strict here so ill check into it. Like i said though with the 55w's Ive heard they lose some blueish tint due to them being so bright. So idk. Well see soon i guess. If they are too blue then I could always return them for 8k's.

Candypaintdrip 03-09-2010 09:21 AM

Well I went ahead and purchased the 35 watt 8000k from ddmtuning.com It should be here this week. I am taking my bike out of storage in the next few days so hopefully I can begin the install this weekend!

AgentRR 03-24-2010 09:35 AM

DDM makes a good product the guys on 600rr.net use them a lot. The 35w kit is plenty of power for your lights. The 55w rumors are true and false. It can get hot enough to melt your headlight but only if you installed the bulb wrong causing it to be too close to the reflector...

Candypaintdrip 03-30-2010 02:34 PM

Well I just got the hid kit installed, and I honestly couldnt be more happy!! I went with the 35 watt 8000k, and they really put out a nice bright light. They are slighly blue and look 100 times better when lined up next to a buddies bike at night ( without hid ). They should give me a spiff for these damn things, I got three friends ordering already! :)

CBR Time 05-14-2010 09:32 AM

Just ordered the 55W 8K for my 07' cant wait for the new look!! i was a bit concerned at first about getting the 55W, but after doing a fair amount of reading i went w 55w. I dont do much night riding, but DDM has an awesome sale on now! great price imo! with my blue and silver RR it should look sweet ;)

rocsteadyny 05-14-2010 10:25 AM

I have a DDM kit... on my F4i, your going to have to do a lil customizing to make it fit properly.. and figure out what to do with the wires since they dont all come out the middle of the dust boot. I took sum pics, i'll have to upload them to give you an idea of what i'm talking about.