CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Aftermarket (https://cbrforum.com/forum/aftermarket-28/)
-   -   Custom Fairings from Auctmarts1 (https://cbrforum.com/forum/aftermarket-28/custom-fairings-auctmarts1-100071/)

Cloudular 08-31-2009 07:39 PM

Custom Fairings from Auctmarts1

Hey everybody, so today I just bought some custom fairings from Auctmarts1 from ebay (I talked with him through emails a lot, very impressed with his response time so far) so I thought, I would just keep you guys updated on how it goes for me. Once I get them, I will write a review on them and tell ya how it turned out, and post some pics. Hoping for the best :P

dawoonj 09-01-2009 08:46 AM

I've heard good and bad things! I think more good than bad regarding Auctmart. Post some pics when everything is said and done.

Cloudular 09-01-2009 02:12 PM

ya the main thing I am worried about is melting, but I plan to buy some heat shield and put it in, maybe wrap my pipe. but I will def put some pics up once it's done.

Cloudular 09-25-2009 04:50 PM

hey everyone, thought I would just update on how the deal is going. so far I am very impressed with how quickly he responds to me when I email him. I sent him frequent emails just curious how the painting was coming, and I always got a same day answer. On monday he emailed me pictures of the paint job so far, and it wasn't the color I asked for, and it was no problem for him to send it back and get it repainted. Yesterday he sent me new pics with the new colors and it is much closer to what I wanted (hard to judge how close the colors are, as I am trying to match my silver/grey tank on my bike) The scheme isn't exactly what I wanted, but it's close enough and I think I will be very happy with them. He said that hopefully they will ship out in a few days, so by the end of next week I am hoping that I have these things ready to roll on my bike.

So that's where I stand right now. So far, it has gone fairly well, although it is a little on the slow side. I will update again once I get them and try to fit em on my bike.

cheers!

hondaman126 09-25-2009 06:37 PM

I myself am actually looking at a set of auctmart fairings on their website. Let me know how they look and how they fit. I was getting ready to start a thread on them. Hope all work out for you. Keep us posted.

sbf916 09-26-2009 12:22 PM

picked up a set of hanspree replica's for the 07' 1000 and paints good, decals, fitment just takes sum filing and widening of holes, take ur time and it'll come out good. oh and deeeeeeefffffinately get sum heat shield or wrap ur headers, i just picked up the stock stuff from the dealer and havnt had any issues with the belly pan or anywhere on the bike, best of luck to ya

Cloudular 09-26-2009 12:42 PM

Thanks guys. if you do decide to get some from Auctmarts hondaman, I suggest you do it when you don't plan to use your bike much for a while. Cause well as I said earlier it does seem to take at least a month to get them. I unfortunantly had no choice since I laid my bike down and cracked my fairings up pretty good As for heat shielding, I just bought some dynaliner off ebay yesterday. Did a bunch of reading and what not, and it seems like it works just fine for this kinda thing. Got the 1/4 inch thick stuff for 55$ including shipping. So I am hoping that stuff works good to. cheers!

Cloudular 10-03-2009 10:02 PM

Allrightey, so I got my fairings today. They arn't on my bike yet, spent didn't have enough time due to homework and what not to get em on, but tommorow I should have them on and some pics up. Onto initial impressions: The quality of the paint seems VERY good. I am very impressed with it currently, and don't THINK it is going to peel. Time will tell though *crosses fingers* The plastic also seems to be pretty good quality. No compliants there. I took about an hour to 2 hours today to put on my layer of Dynaliner. Went smoothly, but that doesn't have much to do with the fairings. So onto the slightly funner part. Putting the headlight into the new fairing was a little fun. It fits almost perfect, the light went in fine. The fun part was the bolts from OEM plastics didn't fit very good in a few holes. No biggie, just had to go find some others (thankfully we got TONS of bolts of all sizes around here) so that was just a minor annoyance. Still nothing major. So now I was almost ready to put them on my bike, just had to switch the rear light over. This is where I stopped, cause the back tail light doesn't seem to fit well at all. Didn't try to long, spent a few hours doing it already and the weather wouldn't permit me to go biking today or tommorow either, so not really in a rush to get it done. But at the moment, the tail light seems to sit almost an inch to low. Havn't tried to fix it yet, so i'll update a little more about how it goes tommorow. So, to sum it all up, I am very impressed with the quality of the paint and plastics, no complaints there. A few fitment issues, nothing to major (will have to see how the rear light turns out). I will have to bore out a few holes in the side fairings where they connect to the front fairing. So hopefully tommorow i'll get some pics up for you guys. Oh and just as a note, the guy sends the plastics in TONSSSS of foam and bubble wrap. The chances of damages happening to them in the mail is very slim haha. And a complimentary black windscreen is also sent :D *edit* for what ever reason, I can't seem to separate my paragraphs to make it look neater, so sorry guys, bear with the giant one.

sonofthunder444 10-05-2009 02:57 PM

Cloud, what year is your bike?

Cloudular 10-06-2009 06:27 PM

my bike is a 2005. I can't fit the front fairing onto the mounts where the mirrors go, although that part looks very similar to my OEM mould. I am thinking that I may have bent some of the mounts in my crash so when I get time I am going to try to bend some stuff back to make it fit. However, it is most likely going to take me at least another week to get these things on since midterms are coming up and I have a LOT of work to do. So to all those waiting to see how this turns out, I am very sorry that it might take a while. If I get time I may take a few pics soon though just to show you guys the rest of the bike. The rest fits quite well now, just gotta get the front on.