CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Aftermarket (https://cbrforum.com/forum/aftermarket-28/)
-   -   Akrapovic too expensive!! (https://cbrforum.com/forum/aftermarket-28/akrapovic-too-expensive-137754/)

Piranha 05-06-2012 07:11 PM

Akrapovic too expensive!!

I think Akrapovic is too expensive... and was thinking something could be done about it. I was thinking if a bunch of people emailed them and said just that. Then maybe we could get some more competitive pricing?????

Email Akrapovic at info@akrapovic.com

Kuroshio 05-06-2012 07:20 PM

Huge, massive, titanic doubts they'd respond to an email campaign. Akra is essentially the official after market exhaust for the BMW s1000rr. They are featured in BMW's catalogue after all. They're pretty happy where they're sitting :D

Piranha 05-10-2012 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio (Post 1157057)
Huge, massive, titanic doubts they'd respond to an email campaign. Akra is essentially the official after market exhaust for the BMW s1000rr. They are featured in BMW's catalogue after all. They're pretty happy where they're sitting :D

I'm not happy with where they're sitting! haha. To much profit margin.....

vfrman 05-11-2012 01:26 AM

You do realize that these exhausts are hand made from titanium. Those two facts mean that they will not be cheap.

However, I still agree. They are too expensive! The EVO system for my Ducati is over $3k...

yumoncbr 05-11-2012 01:33 AM

I agree they are expensive. I would of gotten them instead of Yoshi if price was right. I like the way it sounds. However, I agree with Kuro. They will not lower the price just because of some emails complaining about the price

raylee 05-11-2012 01:36 PM

The quality materials and quality control have a large part to do with it, but another big reason you pay for brands like Akrapovic has just as much to do with the R&D involved in creating a pipe that isn't just noisier. Try telling the engineers that design them that they're getting paid too much and too much R&D time is spent on making the pipes and tell the owners of the land around the Akrapovic facility that the "rent" is too high and that they should use sub-par equipment to cut down on costs and then go to the material suppliers and tell them that they're charging way too much for the cost of raw materials.

You'd be surprised at what the actual profit margin on the Akra pipes are, but as it stands, all Akrapovic owes you is a well engineered and well manufactured pipe. You can either pay to play or I recommend you go on eBay and get yourself a nice MGP pipe.

Piranha 07-10-2012 11:07 PM

lol.... to much. i won't "pay to play"

coalminer frank 07-12-2012 03:54 AM

You think the akra pipe are too much $. Anyone price the HRC pipe for 08-11 cbr 1000. I did, somewhere around $4000.

maverick0716 12-30-2012 03:09 AM

I'm lucky that my 954 came with an Akrapovic already installed. Granted its only a slip on, but they're still like $800 or $900 I think. Yeesh.

Bazza 12-30-2012 08:10 PM

Cheap Danmoto GP slipon exhausts

Just fitted a Danmoto GP exhaust to my CBR600F3 with optional baffle. They are cheap and look good, great weight saving over OEM baffle. Its not a Yoshi or Akro but does the job will see how it goes only done 500ks on it so far. Just be aware that even with the baffle in its still LOUD. Cost $128 Aussie dollars including delivery. Dont buy from ebay go direct to danmoto.com (cheaper) if you are thinking of buying one.
Note: Its a great budget item if you cant afford the $$$$$$ for an upmarket one.