Helmet Lock

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 06:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Helmet Lock

A guy at work just got a '08 rr and has been leaving his helmet sitting on the passenger pegs I've read that there is a cable loop (don't think he got one with the bike) Anybody have pics of how that would work? If I had the bike and the cable in front of me I'm sure I could figure it out but I only got to look under his seat for a minute
under the passenger seat of the 600rr there are two hooks at the front and one at the rear that hold the seat on. to lock up a helmet you take the big hook on your helmet strap and place it on one of the 2 front metal hooks that hold the pillion seat on. put the seat back on over the hook. push it down until it locks.
We tried that... took both of us and not easy to do.
What do you guys do to secure your helmets?

Old 06-27-2010, 12:04 AM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

is that the tool kit they're still giving with the 600rr? no fair.

Old 06-27-2010, 01:30 AM

dug up that pic from an old post... said it was the optional tool kit i don't think he has any tool kit

Old 06-27-2010, 09:22 PM

i just use the piece under the seat that sticks out there is two pices that stick out. Take the chin strap(if helmet is on your head im taking about the stra on left side of your face.) off your helmet that has the buckle on it and put the piece from seat threw buckle. only put it threw one piece of buckle otherwise its pain in butt to lock seat in then press firmly on the seat. Only thing is you have to take the strap and tuck it into the helmet other wise it will just hang and dangle. if you need picks i can send you a couple i know when i got my first bike i didnt undersand how to do it either.

Old 06-28-2010, 05:27 PM

Here ya go. You slip it through the metal clasp on your helmet strap, then fold it and place both loops over the passenger seat hole. I left the seat off so you can see what I'm talking about. You'd obviously lock the seat back in place to secure the helmet. Tell him to feel around inside the tail fairing, it may have slipped down in there. I always loop mine over those holes when not in use to prevent this:

If his is missing, he can just buy some braided steel and "pinch clamps" to make his own. I've seen carbon fiber ones floating around, too.

Old 06-28-2010, 09:39 PM

I hate messing with those cables, so I added one on the passenger foot peg. If the rear seat had a hinge like some of the older bikes, I would use that lock, but it doesn't.

Name:  helmetlock.jpg
Views: 9791
Size:  138.4 KB

Old 06-28-2010, 10:35 PM

Hey Tacoma, what's up with the fender eliminator? I wanted to do something similar with mine until IU figure out what exhaust I'm putting in there. Is that homemade? It looks like you just hacked off the fender and tacked some L-brackets onto the brake light.

Old 06-29-2010, 07:51 PM

You are the first person to ever ask about my license plate setup. All I did was cut most of it off and gently heat the lower plastic as to bend it over and mount aluminum extensions for a plate mount to bolt on. Pics...

Name:  IMG_0430.jpg
Views: 4131
Size:  29.0 KB

Name:  IMG_0431.jpg
Views: 4071
Size:  20.0 KB

Old 07-02-2010, 02:11 AM

Wadja do for turn signals? I ordered a set of flushmounts, but they're too big for the rear. . .

Old 07-02-2010, 03:14 PM

that looks good tacoma25, I may try that. I cut about 4" off my rear fender, but I want my Plate up higher.

Heres a pic of mine, I got a tail light with the turns buil in.
Name:  556bfefa.jpg
Views: 4691
Size:  83.9 KB

Quick Reply: Helmet Lock