CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   900 & + Modifications (https://cbrforum.com/forum/900-modifications-44/)
-   -   jet kits, whose got em? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/900-modifications-44/jet-kits-whose-got-em-21678/)

Err 08-26-2006 02:45 AM

jet kits, whose got em?

so who has installed a jet kit in their 900? i was thinking about dropping a factory pro Ti pro kit in. maybe get the ign. advance too. thoughts on this setup?

just looking for opinions on this subject.

thanks for your time.

Err 08-27-2006 04:09 PM

RE: jet kits, whose got em?

no one has ever done anything to their 9hundo?

JAYS900RR 08-29-2006 08:27 PM

900'S ARE VERY STRONG BIKES IF GEARED TO WHAT YOU WANT TO USE IT FOR. STUNTERS GET 14 IN THE FRONT AND 50 IN THE REAR. RACERS GET -1 IN FRONT MAYBE +2 IN THE REAR.. WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR SPEED OR TRICKS..

wannab 01-26-2007 08:53 PM

I rejetted my 96 900 after putting on a Vance&Hines exhaust.I bought a dyno jet kit. no problems with the install, just take your time. Be sure to synchronize the carbs after you are done. The Honda shop wanted way too much for the sync. so I bought some gauges and adapters from Ebay ($100)The Dyno Jet kit also included a tool for adjusting the pilots. Again very easy to do.
I also have an advancer on it. appx 5dgree.It seems to run stronger up top.
The best investment (performance) was the gauge set to properly dial in the carbs. I have used it on many of my friends' bikes.
Hope this helps

Idle Hands 01-28-2007 09:26 AM

If you really want tune-ability you should spend the extra $$ for the dyno-jet kit. Usuallycomes with a few extra circuit changes/ parts, and in my expirience the R&D going into the dyno-jet kits just seem more extensive. Last time I recieved a factory pro kit it came with 2 main jets and instructions...... the dyno-jet kits always seem to come with a few stage settings,needles, mains, dril bit and screw for mixture settings, etc....

Err 02-04-2007 03:13 PM

so dyno jet would be a better purchaseover a factory pro?

is the ign advancer worth the money?

planning on getting a jet kit, manual cct, and possibly a ign advancer if its worth it.

GP COMMANDER 06-08-2007 04:24 AM

FACTORY PRO IS THE BEST ONE FOR THE CBR 900RR! PERIOD! THEY HAVE THE ONLY ONE AVAILABLE WITH THE AIRBOX CONVERSION! I HAVE THEM ON ALL OF MY CBR 900RRs (3) GO WITH A RENTHAL DRIVE SPROCKET (15) STOCK IS (16) AND DROP (2-3) IN THE REAR!!! USE VORTEX OR SPROCKET SPECIALTIES FOR THE REAR! YOU WANT TOP END SPEED! YOU WILL LEAVE EVERYONE ELSES ASS BEHIND! PUT THE MUZZY ALUMINUM FAN OVER STOCK! USE WATER WETTER HALF A BOTTLE IN RADIATOR! RUN FULL SYN: OIL! 50 WEIGHT! BIKES GET HOT!!! GET YOUR SUS: ADJUSTED BY A PRO! CHANGE FRONT WHEEL TO AN F3 17in. CONVERSION! (BETTER SELECTION OF TIRES) NO MODS REQUIRED!!! AND IF YOU REALLY WANT OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE, SWITCH TO FLATSLIDES AND HAVE SOME ENGINE WORK DONE! POLISHED AND BORED OUT IS MORE THAN ENOUGH!!!