CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   900 & + Modifications (https://cbrforum.com/forum/900-modifications-44/)
-   -   C'mon and Post Some Mods (https://cbrforum.com/forum/900-modifications-44/cmon-post-some-mods-3309/)

chainstretcher 08-01-2005 08:50 PM

C'mon and Post Some Mods

I know all you dudes riding CBR900's and up have done something to 'em to help keep up with the new stuff. Post all your go fast mods up here. Doesn't just have to be a performance enhancer -- anything that'll seperate your bike from the pack is welcome here.

slowpoke 08-17-2005 12:30 AM

RE: C'mon and Post Some Mods

I don't have much time to mod, I'm too busy riding and doing maintenance. But here's what I've done to my '90. Starting from the front: Metzeler Sportec, DP HH brakepads, Candlepower 55/60 watt bulbs, Zero Gravity sport/touring windscreen, raised bars 3/4 inch, RKA tankbag, K&N air filter, Esjot sprockets, and DID chain. I also sometimes use my RKA sadlebags and Corbin seat. It could probably lose 30 pounds with an aftermarket exhaust, but I don't want to lose the centerstand.

slowpoke 08-17-2005 03:18 AM

I forgot about my hidden ignition mod. I took out the resistors that are under the plug wire caps and put in metal rods. Also, my CBR 1000 calls for NGK DPR9EA-9 plugs, but I use DP9EA-9 plugs. The "R" is missing, which means the later plugs don't have a resistor in them. Taking out the two resistors in the current line gives a hotter, but shorter-lasting spark.

Rx7man 08-22-2005 12:41 AM

it also means you're going to genereate more heat inside the spark plug wires and coils, I remember my old XL 185 had that resistor in it as well, my question is, did it make a power differance? or drivability...

maxima/nismo 08-22-2005 01:27 PM

are our bikes that obselete that no one mods them? are they not worth it? i was thinking of putting a full hindle high-pipe exhaust on mine. and maybe throwing in a K&N filetr. and what is the best type of plugs for a 98 900RR? also, has anyone messed with their jet kits? what kind of gains or headaches did you get from this mod?

slowpoke 08-22-2005 11:08 PM

ORIGINAL: Rx7man

did it make a power differance? or drivability...
I don't really know if it made a difference in acceleration, but with eight resistors gone, it starts on the first stab of the starter. Several years ago, Motorcycle Consumer News magazine tested those special spark plug wires with the intensifier between the wire and plug. It was custom made for each bike and came with special plugs. It slightly lowered the 1/4 mi. time. But the special plugs were non-resistor plugs. They then tested the non-resistor plugs with ordinary plug wires and the time was the same as the special wires time. They concluded that the non-resistor plugs made the difference.

Rx7man 08-23-2005 01:37 AM

it's interesting to hear that.. well, i gess that's a good upgrade then :)

Rx7man 08-29-2005 01:10 AM

my bike has had the front forks lowered about an inch... , don't know how much of a differance it makes in the handling since i'm not about to push the bikes limits at this point, nor have I ever riden it at normal height. I did go for a ride today with a friend (gsxr 750), and he's a really experienced rider so he was putting around for me, I did open it up once in a while and had a big grin each time I did, I'm still surprised at how happy the bikeis running at only 2500 rpm

crunchy929 09-07-2005 06:23 PM

hmmm my 929 has vortex clip-ons(which i hate), scotts steering stabilizer, galfer wave rotors and braided lines, 600rr master cylender(for stunt riding, it doesnt break as easy as the dumb bottles), f2/f3 throttle housing(also for stunt riding, reroutes the throttle cables so they dont hit the ground when you lay it down), a crunched micron can, k&n air cleaner, a custom built steel subframe, freestyle ingenuities extended frame sliders and polished wheels..i think thats it...i also had -1 +12 gearing but the sprocket is wore and i dont have money for a new one at this very moment. i think thats it.

clemson725 10-07-2005 06:24 PM

1995 Cbr 900RR. Mid range cams, 39mm Keihen flatslides (rattle rattle;)), full 2 brothers racing high mount exhaust, down 1 in front, up 2 in back, cleaned up head, single sided swingarm, 17" front wheel, Fox Racing shock, flush mount turn singles, cut fender, carbon fiber front fender, EVERY peice of visible aluminum is either polished or chromed. FOR SALE!!!!!!!!