CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   600 Modifications (https://cbrforum.com/forum/600-modifications-43/)
-   -   Why can't we get LED Headlights? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/600-modifications-43/why-cant-we-get-led-headlights-131053/)

danroonie 09-23-2011 05:16 PM

Why can't we get LED Headlights?

Rather than figuring out where to squeeze in the ballast and wiring I'd luv to get an LED headlight!

Hey Harley's got 'em, though I wouldn't like to shell out $525 :)

LED Headlamp and Auxiliary Lamps | Genuine Motor Accessories | Harley-Davidson USA

kilgoretrout 09-23-2011 09:09 PM

I've always wondered why there aren't a ton of projector LED setups for sport bikes and cars these days. I know dissipation is an issue, but still.
Good LEDs are getting cheaper all the time, too. A guy I work with is picking me up a nice 220 lumen LED flashlight this weekend. It's only like $20 w/ batteries and it will light a person up at like 150yrds. It also has 3 power settings and it's adjustable for wide angle. All while being like 4" long and 1" in diameter.
It seems like whatever issues LEDs have would be ironed out by now.They make a ton of light with little power.

Atrom 12-06-2011 06:22 PM

I wasnt aware that you could use leds for headlamps I didnt think they actually projected light far enough

danroonie 12-07-2011 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Atrom (Post 1117312)
I didnt think they actually projected light far enough

Nope these LED lamps haul butt: HARLEY-DAVIDSON LED HEADLAMP AND AUXILIARY LAMPS - YouTube

I want that ... but don't wanna give up my rocket :)

scorpionvmu 12-07-2011 09:14 PM

those are little high on price. but they look good.

i bet they hardly have any temp to them. i need low temp lights for mine, i wonder if i can mod those.

danroonie 12-08-2011 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by scorpionvmu (Post 1117574)
those are little high on price. but they look good.
... i need low temp lights for mine, i wonder if i can mod those.

LOL I just bought HID headlight kits including projector assemblies for both sides of my cage for MUCH less than 1/2 of this! I'll just wait until the knockoffs come out to put this on my bike...

ok! there are knockoffs already! There u go... this one's less than 1/2 and ppl have already put this 7" headlight on their bikes: Amazon.com: Truck-Lite 27250C Round LED Headlamp 7 Inches: Automotive

if u do night driving, check out the official HD video- i luv how u don't see the deer in the original picture- they should have used an elk, THAT would prove the point- better yet Shakira trying to hitch a ride :)
LED Headlight - YouTube

Though check the vid's comments... looks like it was doctored a bit.

volcom440 12-08-2011 11:22 AM

tripageLED built one but its in the prototype stage still. its pretty sick though.

Headlight pictures by tripage - Photobucket

John Cu 12-08-2011 02:42 PM

Wow, maybe someday I'll make one of those...