CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   600 Modifications (https://cbrforum.com/forum/600-modifications-43/)
-   -   where do the air intakes go? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/600-modifications-43/where-do-air-intakes-go-102348/)

cbrrrrrrrr 10-19-2009 07:09 PM

where do the air intakes go?

2 Attachment(s)
aight so a friend of mine ran my f4 into the side of a parked tour bus (hilarious i know) and really ruined the front cowl and scratched up the plastics. me being a broke college kid, i decided this was the perfect time to make a STREETFIGHTER hahaha. so. what do i do with the gauges and the air intakes ( the ones that run from the cowl to below the fuel tank)? Im planning on runnin dual six inch lights. thanks!

from this:
Attachment 59996
to this:
Attachment 59997

PlayfulGod 10-19-2009 09:19 PM

that sux, was a nice looking F4 too. Far as gauges and air inlets, you just have to be creative, maybe buddy up with someone that knows how to fabricate. Gauges I think most go to a aftermarket, but those arent cheap. GL n stop letting your friends ride your bike ;)

cbrrrrrrrr 10-19-2009 09:33 PM

haha thanks for the advice

c_keeton600f4 12-14-2009 01:10 AM

dang...that's still a cleeean f4 even with no front fairings. haha. did it mess up those black air scoops and the plastic that goes around the gauge cluster?

leo_black_label 12-14-2009 02:06 AM

I was about to post the same question!
im fighteryzitizin' my f4 and want to know about those black plastic airscoops that would hide inside a faining if i had one.
how important to function/performance are they?
should i trim them so they just stickout of the tank an inch or two and still scoop hard or can i ditchem? and should i mesh over those openings before some insect flies its fightership straight in and scores a direct strike on my reactor core...
haha.

c_keeton600f4 12-15-2009 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by leo_black_label (Post 865516)
I was about to post the same question!
im fighteryzitizin' my f4 and want to know about those black plastic airscoops that would hide inside a faining if i had one.
how important to function/performance are they?
should i trim them so they just stickout of the tank an inch or two and still scoop hard or can i ditchem? and should i mesh over those openings before some insect flies its fightership straight in and scores a direct strike on my reactor core...
haha.

i've been told that the float bowls won't pressurize enough without those scoops...but i really don't know how accurate that is. i mean...i've seen a ton of fighter'd bikes without em. so yeah. :icon_shrug: but if you do keep them, i would definitely put some kind of mesh over them.

leo_black_label 12-15-2009 12:43 PM

thanks- im gonna go look for some classy mesh like copper or sumthin at my local industry & tooling supply right now...