CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   600 Modifications (https://cbrforum.com/forum/600-modifications-43/)
-   -   Sssa :/ (https://cbrforum.com/forum/600-modifications-43/sssa-149099/)

Chabsy2k13 09-12-2013 11:33 AM

Sssa :/

Plenty folks have done the SSSA on the F3. I myself am tryin to and wanted to take the easy route! I own a 98 cbr f3 and bought the sssa vfr 750 only to match it up and find that it is wider that the f3's frame ?????? :/

Clearly that knob who I bought it off of on ebay had it advertised as 93 vfr 750 sssa and its actually either a different year of 750 or an 800. Needless to say I think I have created a world of hassel and work for myself only I dont know what to do with it now! Anyway my question is has anybody read of anyone with this problem? Or has anybody ever done this modification with the same problem I have... thanks :)

sjona2011 09-12-2013 11:58 AM

dont take my word for it, but i believe youll have to have it machined down to fit into the f3's frame. As far as i know there is no sssa thats a direct bolt on. But theres at least a couple threads floating around here that will let you know what you need to do.

Chabsy2k13 09-20-2013 04:24 AM

Thanks for the reply Sjona... i think ur right well along the lines of being right anyway because i found an engineer who said he'll do it... when he explained it to me there is two collars in the frame sticking out on the inside they take the swing arm bolt if ya can understand me. so he said what you can do is machine them back flush with the frame on the inside and then strenghten the tethered end with a weld again...

ill let ya know how i got on when i get it back and ill post up some pics just so it might be of some help to others who run into the same problem! :)

nvanvlymen 09-27-2013 11:41 AM

You definitely did not get the right swingarm, which really sucks. Mine was a true 93' 750, you need a small spacer to make it all fit, no machining or anything, it should be smaller than the F3's frame.

In your case, you probably got a later year 750, or even an 800, depends on where the sockmount is located. even looking at the tire hub on the SSSA is a give away on the age.

On mine, the wheel hub did not have flush mount bolts, so the rim had these areas machined out so it fit around them when installed. if your hub does not have these protruding bolts, it is newer than the 93'.

jasonchristopher 09-27-2013 02:28 PM

chabsy: put a picture of the swingarm up, take a shot of where the shoock mounts, usually you can tell alot just by that..
like "nvan " said: you might have to do some machining if you want to keep whaat you have..
i say throw pictures up and see what people say..
i was able to mount my sssa right up, but that was on a 900 with no anything, but thats apples and oranges.. throw some pictures up and we'll at least be able to tell you what you have, also fireblades.com is a great resource for this kind of mod