CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   600 Modifications (https://cbrforum.com/forum/600-modifications-43/)
-   -   Headlight switch for on and off (https://cbrforum.com/forum/600-modifications-43/headlight-switch-off-116478/)

nickelz34 09-14-2010 04:31 PM

Headlight switch for on and off

i was wondering if anyone has done a switch to be able to turn off the day runner .

Can we do this? or is it against the law , do day runners have to be on ?

John Cu 09-14-2010 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by nickelz34 (Post 966918)
i was wondering if anyone has done a switch to be able to turn off the day runner .

Can we do this? or is it against the law , do day runners have to be on ?

I have a switch for it, it's very simple to wire, you just have two buy a 2 step switch and put it somewhere between the current wire and your headlight, let me see if i can do a diagram for you...:icon_google:

Red_Eye 09-14-2010 07:59 PM

A clean, easy way to do it is to hit ebay.co.uk and get the Euro model right hand switches for your bike (or any bike, if you can do a bit of wiring). They have a headlight on/off between the kill switch and starter button.

nickelz34 09-14-2010 08:16 PM

re

so uk models have on / off switch

im usa is there a ebay link ?

its a cbr 600 1999

bambam 09-15-2010 07:24 AM

becareful with this mod bro... the headlight bein on during the day gives you a bit more visability for those little highschoolers texting along the freeway..the olny benefit for this mod is runnin from the cops at night or entering a military checkpoint(as it is common courtesey to turn off your lights as you aproach the guards). But if ya gotta play , the euro honda switch is the way to go..peece

Shadow 09-15-2010 10:34 AM

www.wemoto.com
www.davidsilverspares.com

SGTSKiP 05-27-2011 04:25 PM

Light switch

It was in the '70s that they mandated that motorcycles have "Daytime Running Lights" as thay are called now. A simple on/off switch on the power-wire close to the fuse box would work, but you put yourself back to the background of another driver.

I have the switch on my bike so I can show off my Neon at night without the Headlights killing my battery. I leave the headlights on the rest of the time.

Cars have the daytime lights due to the DECREASE in motorcycle accidents where the other driver "DIDNT SEE" the motorcycle or other car

jeffjones 05-27-2011 04:30 PM

I will just be wiring a toggle switch in line with the positive wire to the headlights once I figure out and do either angel eyes or Audi lights.

scorpionvmu 05-28-2011 07:38 AM

i had to put a kill switch on mine since i have made the eye for mine. i ride with the lights on anyways, its made for when im parked. as far as everyone tells me, you have to have your running light on on a motorcycle in the day time. you have to check with your state.