600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the older 600 models.

Faster...Faster...Faster...

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 12:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Faster...Faster...Faster...

I would never sell this thing for an F4i.... If I were to sell it and get something else it would either be a 929 or a 600rr.

Bindels even if you don't use nitrous you still have a 893cc motor on that thing plus your bike is slammed and my starts, well my starts still suck cause I'm so scared of popping a wheelie so it would honestly be no match.

Yea I should get my sprockets today or tomorrow in the mail can't wait. Does anyone wanna help me install them? (I don't have a chain tool yet)

I could drive the bike to your house bindels or you could come to mine.....

Then we could go on a ride and race...... Hahhaha

Old 06-07-2007, 12:24 PM

i will help you, but you dont need a chain tool just loosen the rear tire and slide the chain off the sprocket, then take the rim off the bike change the sprocket and slide the chain back on!.. you dont have to break the chain.. let me know and i can help you.. i did mine in about 25-30 mins..

Old 06-07-2007, 02:02 PM

JakesF2, I read this whole post and I am really confused. You say you want more power for acceleration, but don't want to lose top end. Then you are going to do sprockets, which will help with acceleration, but do nothing for HP, and do damage to your top end MPH. Then you say that your starts suck.

So, you are going to have a quicker, slower bike with no extra HP, but you won't be taking advantage of the quicker bike because you can't get off the line as fast as others. I just don't get it.

If one was really more interested in making a bike quicker without losing top end, why not start doing engine work? Just my thoughts and I'm not trying to slam you for ideas, but your goals stated and the final result are two different things. Can you share your thoughts on this?

Old 06-07-2007, 02:49 PM

After taking peoples advice and listening to their ideas, I have decided to do sprockets because of the price tag and the benifits I will get from it, I know this is not really what I had in mind when I started the thread but overall I feel this mod is what Iam looking for. I know I said my starts suck but that is something I will get down hopefully in the next couple months.(when I meant starts I meant from a dead stop I have not practiced this much and I willneed to do so in order to take full advantage of the sprockets). I see where you are coming from and I know that doing the sprocket kit will lower my top speed andincrease accleration all while notincreasing HP.

So to your response I would say that I would be confused reading this thread too but you have to realize thatI started the thread with a goal that I basically had no idea how to get there. And with others opinions I have realized what I really want to do, otherwise I never would have started this thread I would have just went to a shop/store a put my moneydown.

And I have realized the other day when I went 125mph on the freeway that it makes me very scared and I don't care about having a high top end. Plus don't these bikes go to like 145mph anyways, so with the sprocket kit what do you think my top speed will be?(proally around 125mph I'm guessing)?

Old 06-13-2007, 01:02 PM

Well I installed the sprockets last night. Yeaaahh!!! Quite easy except for one thing, I did not buy a
BIKE STAND[:@]...yet... that was difficult taking the rear wheel off/on and holding my bike in mid airwhile trying to rest it on my big tool box. I am going to buy a stand Pronto. Anyways even with that being the biggest challenge it still only took 45mins and thats including plastics on/off and chain adjustment after it was all together.
Not bad for my first time taking the wheel off.

And all I have to say is WOW!!! This bike is so much fun now, coming out of corners in second isn't a dog anymore the power is instant. And running through the gears is like no other feeling!!!!!
I know my bike isn't a sh#t ton faster but it sure does feel like it, feels like MORE TORQUE and WAY BETTERACCELERATION.I popped it up a few times just shifting into second.It doesn'tseem really easy to pop a wheelie (like too easy/too annoying) but it does come up more than it did before.

I would recommend this to anyone and ecspecially for the price it cost me $60 including shipping
45mins in labor and now the bike feels like it just pounded some Red Bull.

Old 06-13-2007, 05:12 PM

glad to hear!

Old 06-19-2007, 11:54 PM

are you kiddingme in my f3 i have a advancer and i felt a diffrence not much but there was a diffrence just add a jet kit to that and a pipe and thats all you need dood im at near 100 hp just from a few small mods "carb jets 2 brothers can ignition advance -1+3 k&n and im at 98 hp i beleave dood thats enough my bike almost throws me off the bike you dont need more then 100 hp if thats the case buy a kawi 1400 with 170 hpto the reat tire your phyco to want any more thats why we sold the turbo from my f3 i wanna live to see my kids grow lol ....
ORIGINAL: Cadaver

An ignition advancer really won't do anything for you.

Old 06-20-2007, 12:04 AM

you can never have enough horsepower...[sm=nxsmile.gif]

Old 06-20-2007, 01:39 AM

ORIGINAL: bindelsf2

ORIGINAL: ptowntsi

I would sell it and get an F4i.
a f4i dynos at 92-94 horsepower and a f2 will dyno at about89 stockso whats the difference? other than FI?
The difference in weight for one and the fact that an f4i dynos at around 100 or more could convince you to buy one.