CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   600 Modifications (https://cbrforum.com/forum/600-modifications-43/)
-   -   Dual exhaust for F3 (https://cbrforum.com/forum/600-modifications-43/dual-exhaust-f3-131998/)

cbrpilot 10-31-2011 06:45 PM

Dual exhaust for F3

Any input on the prospects of creating a dual exhaust system for an F3. I'm wondering if a horsepower increase might be derived. I know the 2nd muffler represents unnecessary costs, but.... if duals work for V-8's... might there be a benefit for an inline 4?

MadHattr059 10-31-2011 07:31 PM

I don't know squat about car engines, so I'll take your word for dual-exhaust
gains there. Probably because it breaths better with that much displacement.

With the smaller volume of bike engines, I'm betting that it's not as critical.
I'm guessing the weight loss makes up for the HP loss (if any).

When I started riding, the in-line 4's HAD 4 into 2. Since, they've moved
away from it, as tech has advanced. So I doubt it would be a worthwhile mod for
performance gains. However, there IS something to be said for the "balanced look" of
dual exhast. Might make an interesting punk touch on a street-fighter. Hmmm...

Ern

spicymeowmix 11-03-2011 04:51 PM

my link on my sig :)

podunkian 12-31-2011 09:20 AM

It's been a while, but...Why don't you yout*be us the sound those bad boys make. I'd love to hear if they sound like your license plate. Hot cat howls? from spicymeowmix?

spicymeowmix 01-07-2012 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by podunkian (Post 1121769)
It's been a while, but...Why don't you yout*be us the sound those bad boys make. I'd love to hear if they sound like your license plate. Hot cat howls? from spicymeowmix?

i need a mic that can capture it correctly, it just sounds like jibberish.
they have no baffle, and atm i am currently welding a custom baffle for them.

VALKYIE 02-11-2012 10:29 AM

Allowing another path for the exhaust to exit with two pipes instead of one pipe permits the engine exhaust to exit the cylinders faster and on the intake side of your engine to draw air in faster. The result is more horsepower from your engine. However you must take into consideration of the extra weight from a dual exhaust system. Will the extra weight take away from any horsepower gains? I have dual undertail exhaust on my F3, smaller pipes less weight.

colorado_steve 02-25-2012 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by spicymeowmix (Post 1111191)
my link on my sig :)

i like your exhaust, but there is a difference between twin tip and dual exhaust. i think he was asking about a dual exhaust set up.

i think i would probably stay away from trying a dual system. you wont really see the benifits of a less restricted exhaust system unless you also modify the intake to flow more air. from my experience intake systems are generally have more restriction then the exhaust side. kinda like those ricer civic's... sure the exhaust is louder, but your still pulling the same amount of air through the intake:icon_denk: