600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the older 600 models.

Custom home made fairing example pictures

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 09:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Custom home made fairing example pictures

lol omg you guys are brutal. but enough bashing of romo and his tasteless opinions, do you guys think it would be possible to mod a different upper fairing onto my 600F?

Old 01-31-2008, 04:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anything is possible. I looked at some pictures of the 600F and it can be done. There are not that many choices to pick from because to the box style fairings that are on the 600F. I think I would mold it to a 2004 GSXR front fairing and go with a 600RR tail along with either changing the gauges or cutting them down and make a smaller case.

Old 02-03-2008, 02:58 PM

That looks so sick. mad props on the work. i wish i had the skills to customize fairings like that

Old 02-12-2008, 11:39 AM

looks very nice man, keep up the good work

Old 02-19-2008, 02:37 PM

First off VALKYIE, please allow me to say that i am envious of you with this mod. and i wish you the best of luck with it...man it looks wonderful. would you ever consider a write up for the D.I.Yers with different bikes. who would want to change the nose of any other part of their bikes. but man that is sick as hell...that is some hotness for real...

i am over here cracking up at this thread.....you all are hilarious..

Yo keep up the good work.

Old 02-19-2008, 10:12 PM

I cant see myself making a course for do it yourselfers. Because all my hard work will be out the door plus the time and money I have put into these fairings. I plan to make fiberglass replicas of my fairings in the near future. Replicas of the R1/F3 and also a F4I/F3 fairing.
Currently I am waiting on materials from the states because I am in south korea . I use only quality materials from fiberglast.com so I am waiting on my supplies. These fairings will be hand made, flexible,and easy to mount. There will be additional parts that you will have to buy on your own for each custom fairing. I might also make a wire harness for each fairing the will connect to your stock headlight connector so you don't have to cut your wire harness for the mod for a few extra bucks. I will try to keep the price under 250 dollars plus shipping. I will only be able to make so many fairings a month due to my obligations to church and my job. I also plan to make a custom tail in the future if the fairing thing goes smoothly. So please look for my post in the future.

Old 02-27-2008, 11:37 PM

250 for the fairing and the lights and everything?

i have a f2 ive been working on, should be plug and play huh?

Old 02-28-2008, 03:41 AM

Sorry friend. The 250 would be just for the fairing. You will have to furnish the rest of the parts needed for this mod.

Old 02-29-2008, 02:00 AM

did you have to use a yamaha fairing stay to mount it to your bike and if so did it require any bending?

or did you use the stock stay and did it require any fabbing?

Old 02-29-2008, 04:29 AM

Yes I used a yamaha stay. Then I made a simple plate to go between the stay and the frame of the F3. I thought about making a custom to change the look of the upper fairing using the stock F3 stay. But in order to make a dramatic change to the fairing you have to change the headlights and other parts requiring to change the stock stay around. So I think I will stick to what I am doing. I am hoping around the end of MAR to get this thing going with two different fairings to choose from.

Quick Reply: Custom home made fairing example pictures