CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   600 Modifications (https://cbrforum.com/forum/600-modifications-43/)
-   -   CBR F4i mod (https://cbrforum.com/forum/600-modifications-43/cbr-f4i-mod-133620/)

espinomario 01-16-2012 06:57 PM

CBR F4i mod

I was wondering if i buy a power commander and then tune the bike is it even worth spending the money performance wise?

jeffjones 01-17-2012 06:53 AM

Do you have an aftermarket exhaust?
It will straighten out the power curve and make your bike run smoother but you probably won't get a noticeable difference in power.

espinomario 01-17-2012 12:34 PM

Yeah i have a aftermarket exhaust And a k&n I just didn't know if there would be a noticeable difference in power if I got it tuned.

jeffjones 01-17-2012 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by espinomario (Post 1125149)
Yeah i have a aftermarket exhaust And a k&n I just didn't know if there would be a noticeable difference in power if I got it tuned.

You won't notice any power difference as it would be less then 1% increase but you would notice the smoothness of the power delivery.

espinomario 01-17-2012 01:15 PM

So would it be worth the money then. You think.

espinomario 01-17-2012 01:17 PM

Is that 1% increase in power is that with the dyno tune to.

DonnyBrago 01-24-2012 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by espinomario (Post 1125159)
Is that 1% increase in power is that with the dyno tune to.

You wont notice a 1% (1bhp) increase in power. You'd get a better performance increase if you took a big dump before going out.

What the power commander does it take your ill suited exhaust and filter and alter the fuelling map to suit it. At the moment there will be parts of the rev range where the amount of fuel injected is too high/too low. Having the PCIII tuned makes it add the right amount of fuel so it runs smoother. You should get a bhp or two extra, but that is not the overall goal and you won't notice extra power, just smoother delivery.

Many air filter/exhaust combinations truly mess up the fuelling and make the bike run like a sack of crap, if yours does then yes it is worth it. Most people would be better off with an OEM exhaust and air filter.

MadHattr059 01-24-2012 05:12 PM

+1 to Donny on this one, he lists all the right reasons. The only thing
I'm adding to the issue, is if you've changed your sprockets/tires from
stock, I believe, you can use it to correct the speedometer.

But as stated, if it's the only change you're making to the bike (besides the
afore mentioned exhaust and filter), the improvement is in delivery, not HP.

Ern

jeffjones 01-25-2012 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by MadHattr059 (Post 1126799)
The only thing
I'm adding to the issue, is if you've changed your sprockets/tires from
stock, I believe, you can use it to correct the speedometer.

I believe your thinking the speedohealer? I'm pretty sure the PC doesn't have the capabilities do fix your speedo.

MadHattr059 01-25-2012 06:15 PM

Ooops, started doing more research and you are absolutely right. I was thinking that since it linked into the ECU that it could filter what's reported to the guages, as well.

My mistake, I hate it when that happens. Thanks for spotting it and letting me know. ;-)

Ern