CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   600 Modifications (https://cbrforum.com/forum/600-modifications-43/)
-   -   Acewell on my f2 (https://cbrforum.com/forum/600-modifications-43/acewell-my-f2-127473/)

Daniell 06-26-2011 02:28 PM

Acewell on my f2

having trouble to get my acewell 3803 to work, the rpm wont work and i dont know what to do with the speedo :icon_doh:

i tried to hook up the rpm with the orginal rpm cable (green/ yellow?) but wont work. i dont know what the SPC-X.X RPM should be.

please help me?

best regards.

mark1200 08-25-2011 02:28 PM

try to tie into 1 of the coil leads, or strip some wire and rap it around a plug wire and conect that to the tach. where did u hook up the magnet and pickup for the speedo? i put the magnet in the rear rotor hole.

Daniell 08-26-2011 08:40 AM

hi mark.

i did strip one of the coil wiering, and connected the rpm on it, its working ok, not 100%..

i did also buy a speedo conwerter, it goes on the org speedo plug at the wheel, and it conwert to electronic signals..

mark1200 08-27-2011 03:19 AM

did u get instruction for the install? if not u can see or download them from the web site. just try the ground side of the coil for the tack. did u get a pick up sensor with it for the speedo ?

Daniell 08-28-2011 02:40 AM

yes i have the useless manual :P
bought this one: Acewell - Acewell Accessories and Sensors - Speed Sensors - Cable Drive - ACE-S8 Screw in square drive adaptor | Digi dash | Digital Speedomter | Motorcycle Computer

this is what the acwell guy said to me:

You should connect to a wire that only goes to one coil. Not the one that splits

You have 2 options.
1, use an ACE-S / ACE-G or ACE-S3 sensor and replace one of your disk bolts with a magnetic bolt.
2, use an ACE-S8 sensor to replace the speedo cable, but you would need to open up the ACE-3803, unsolder a wire, and resolder into a different location on the PCB - easy to do as long as you have a soldering iron.

The soldering bit is easy...
unsolder the green wire from the point on the PCB marked "speed" and resolder at the point marked "hall"

mark1200 08-30-2011 07:12 PM

so where r u now ? did u find the green wire and try it ?

Daniell 08-31-2011 02:57 AM

the speedo works fine. and yes, i find the green wire.
only rpm that is working a bit odd, at high rpm its showing too little.. unstable..
at low rpm, until 4000, its fine.

mark1200 09-01-2011 07:01 AM

u should contact acewell about it and maybe get a replacement.
i am going through the same problem with a similar gauge i got from Danmoto, an ebay dealer from china. they sell a knock off of the acewell and others. my guage seems to be working fine on the speedo , but the tack is off. i am sending mine back for a refund. i found a member on another forum that has the Danmoto acewell knockoff that he is selling me for $75. i hope it works ?

Daniell 09-02-2011 02:16 AM

i dont really care about my unstable rpm numbers on high rpms.. now that my speedo is working im happy :)

i hope for u that acewell will work, if not, please contact me for help, i will help you the best i can :)

mark1200 09-02-2011 09:57 AM

I hope i dont need your help, but Thanks for the offer.