CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   600 Modifications (https://cbrforum.com/forum/600-modifications-41/)
-   -   X-Box360 intercoller or custom charging station (https://cbrforum.com/forum/600-modifications-41/x-box360-intercoller-custom-charging-station-121324/)

ICEmonky 02-17-2011 03:44 AM

X-Box360 intercoller or custom charging station

5 Attachment(s)
So its 4:36am EST and I finally finished my custom 2port USB/12v Cig adapter charger mod thingy. Lol. I decided to take a Xbox360 intercooler and hack it up so make my own personal charging station. I put 2 USB ports in it as well as a 12v cigarette lighter adapter so I figure I should be covered now. Lol. Its got a light up switch on it and in my opinion looks pretty killer...now I just gotta figure out where on my bike to mount it at, considering its a biiit bigger then most teh USB ports ya'll are putting on ur bikes :) But check it out below and gimme some feed back!!!

CBRfenatic93 02-17-2011 09:15 AM

Looks cool man except it is way to damn big.

Why a cigarette lighter? You plan on lighting one up at a light or something? :icon_shrug:

ICEmonky 02-17-2011 09:58 AM

Lol ya it is a bit huge (thats what she said) and idk y I added the cig lighter there. Just felt like being different? Lol and secondly 38 views and only 1 response? Man this must not be as kewl as I thot lol, guess I failed here

Oh did I mention that I removed 1 of the 3 fans from the intercooler and the other 2 are hooked up and working with no issue? Does that make a difference? lol.

R Dub 02-17-2011 10:30 AM

I do give you props for doing something different and being able to put it all together. I don't think I would be able to. But where do you plan on putting this on your bike that won't be a huge eye sore and also what do you plan on doing with this? Do you have electronics that you want to run?

Hootie233 02-17-2011 08:38 PM

Why did you choose a xbox intercooler as a housing? Why did you keep the fans?

ICEmonky 02-17-2011 09:54 PM

@ R Dub ya it'll be an eye sore if I don't find a goot place to put it, and I have already plugged in my phone to charge while out for a ride. Plus I figure that if I ever need to plug something in I'm covered. Lol... truth be told, I think I did it more out of sheer boredom then anything else. Lol

@ Hootie233 I chose the xBox360 intercooler cuz I had one laying around the house and since i dont have an xBox360 it was just collecting dust. I decided to use it and keep the fans cuz in order to wire a usb port up to the 12v battery a 5v regulator is needed somewhere between the battery and the USB port. The regulator only allows 5v to pass and the other 7v's get disperced as heat and the fans will keep the 5v regulator cool so it doesn't get to hot. Lol.

Hootie233 02-17-2011 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by ICEmonky (Post 1016137)
@ R Dub ya it'll be an eye sore if I don't find a goot place to put it, and I have already plugged in my phone to charge while out for a ride. Plus I figure that if I ever need to plug something in I'm covered. Lol... truth be told, I think I did it more out of sheer boredom then anything else. Lol

@ Hootie233 I chose the xBox360 intercooler cuz I had one laying around the house and since i dont have an xBox360 it was just collecting dust. I decided to use it and keep the fans cuz in order to wire a usb port up to the 12v battery a 5v regulator is needed somewhere between the battery and the USB port. The regulator only allows 5v to pass and the other 7v's get disperced as heat and the fans will keep the 5v regulator cool so it doesn't get to hot. Lol.

WORD! I was gonna put a usb charger on my bike I was just gonna go the tin foil route for dealing with the 'heat' Let me know how much heat the 7v actually puts out.

joseph2000F4 02-25-2011 08:03 AM

Put it on your radiator!

96CBRJimmy 02-25-2011 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Hootie233 (Post 1016148)
WORD! I was gonna put a usb charger on my bike I was just gonna go the tin foil route for dealing with the 'heat' Let me know how much heat the 7v actually puts out.

If your bike is moving heat shouldn't be a problem :icon_bike:

DonnyBrago 04-14-2011 03:26 AM

It looks terrible, are you actually going to bolt that heap of **** to your bike?