600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

two brothers exhaust ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 02:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: two brothers exhaust ?

Akrapovic guy myself. I hate how the 2 bro's stick so far out the back.

Also (not many people know it.) Akrapovic now makes great looking Carbon Fiber body parts for bikes now too. I have a Carbon Heat Shield on order from them.

^^ to that the TBR websites says "We designed our V.A.L.E.â„¢polished stainless steel connector tube for the CBR600RR that allows us to use our full length muffler for maximum power and great sound. The look is outstanding. " but in the pictures it still appears to stick out some, is that avoidable? Also tbr claims 4hp gains, where akrapovic claims 2.2 tbr claims more then any other exhaust, yosh, akrapovic and devil claim right around 2hp gains. Anyone have any info on this, i get my tax return soon and need to decide on an exhaust

Old 02-22-2008, 08:29 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

Akrapovic guy myself. I hate how the 2 bro's stick so far out the back.
i put the 10' shorty pipe on mine and wouldnt want any other pipe now (pics in album)

Old 02-22-2008, 10:58 PM

Just put on a high mount TB. I love the deep throaty sound that comes out if it. I wont go any other route.

Old 02-23-2008, 01:14 AM

hey jaynd and fien, i dont think you understand I (we) were speaking of the undertail exhaust for the 07-08's not a side mount

Old 02-27-2008, 01:07 PM

Real good choice REAL GOOD..2bros is goes hand and hand with honda, jardine being your next best but i'm not really that fond of jardine..I have a 2bros slip-on sounds hot. i haven't ridden wit a passenger n i cut my heat shield a little so it looks better at the rear, any complaints from a passenger that its too hot or loud?

Old 02-27-2008, 01:37 PM
Retired Administrator

No complaints... I do not have any heat shielding on my bike. I've ridden for hours and hours, like 500 miles from VA Beach to Ohio with only stops for fuel. And 400 miles from OH to TN and no signs of heat damage. My wife used to ride back there and never had a problem with the heat.

Old 03-20-2008, 12:21 PM

I SAY GO WITH THE TWO BROS. I HAVE THAT ON MY 07RR AND LOVE THE WAY IT SOUNDS. ALL MY FRIENDS LOVE THE SOUND. I GET PROPS ALL THE TIME. I'VE HEARD THE AKRAPOVIC PIPE ON A 07 600 KAWI AND DIDN'T LIKE THE WAY IT SOUNDED(TOO QUIET). I COULD BEARLY TELL IT WAS AFTERMARKET.

Old 03-20-2008, 12:57 PM

The two brothers does sound good, and it's the only pipe I can find locally that I don't have to order online. Also, for the money, they're hard to beat!

That being said, I MUCH prefer my exhaust over any other I've ever heard, which is good, because I ordered it on faith alone!

Not to mention, why roll around with one sound alone? I can "customize" the sound of this pipe. Also good... because the sales people sure heard some sounds from me when they dropped the "new" price on me. [:@]

Once more, the Two Bro's pipe is nice and deep... sounds good, loud, but not TOO loud. You won't be disapointed (but I would remove or "cut/trim" the heat shield... it looks tacky if you add a fender eliminator and leave it on there... if you aren't doing a F/E, then I retract that statement)

Old 03-24-2008, 12:16 PM

Two bros exhaus is good. I have it and it sounds great. I personally like the look of the akrapovic or yoshi carbon better though.

Anyone want to trade? lol

I plan on getting a full system too, can't have a full system with 2bros.

Old 03-24-2008, 08:31 PM

yeah im startin too love mine now but i also want a full exhaust and i dont want to get rid of the 2 bros i think ill just suffer right know besides i got more stuff i wanna do to her right know lol but definately appriciate all the input and will highly recommend the 2 bros exhaust it is worth every penny

Quick Reply: two brothers exhaust ?