CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   600 Modifications (https://cbrforum.com/forum/600-modifications-41/)
-   -   turbo 600 good idea? general engine questions too (https://cbrforum.com/forum/600-modifications-41/turbo-600-good-idea-general-engine-questions-too-78384/)

Xuracing 09-16-2008 11:44 PM

turbo 600 good idea? general engine questions too

Hi guys,
I picked up a parts bike a few months ago and am thinking about using this motor for my turbo go kart project. I was wondering what you guys thought about turbo'ing a 600. There are alot of threads talking about this and people on the 600RR forum that have done this.

But i just had a few questions wondering if anyone could answer. Do you think the Gt15 is a good candidate for the motor? I can get one decently priced.

Also What size are stock injectors and what impedience?

Are the stock internals forged in these bikes?

Thanks
Jason

Xuracing 09-18-2008 12:44 AM

RE: turbo 600 good idea? general engine questions too

no bites?

shoortbuss 09-18-2008 08:31 AM

Condoleeza Rice

PlayfulGod 09-18-2008 09:09 AM

in a go-kart = kewl

on a bike = lame!

Xuracing 09-20-2008 10:30 PM

well, it's going on the gokart! just need to figure out the specifics.

onelife 09-21-2008 03:20 PM

That would be cool if it was in a go kart

glacier_white_F4i 09-25-2008 08:23 AM

i've done 2 kits on bikes. Me and turbof4i did the one on his and one on an 06 gsxr600. if your gonna put a turbo on a bike motor. use a k03 off a vw 1.8t motor. it is perfect for the 600 application...not to mention cheap. you'll have to use an oil restrictor and a salvage pump for the oiling, unless running a top mount setup (impossible on a bike, but very possible on a kart). p/c and ignition module...don't forget to dyno tune cause a street tune willNOT be close enough. just a little too lean and you'll burn a hole thru your piston...ask me how i know lol. any other questions p/m me.

it's not that hard to do and it's very rewarding. i don't think it's lame, both the guys i mentioned have been strictly drag racers and had another bike...not that it really messed with drivablity around town (just leave off boost settings alone). and when you see a 600 spank that ass on a zx14...well, that's just a special kind of epic.

Harry 09-25-2008 05:26 PM

The GT15 will work well as well.

Xuracing 09-26-2008 12:43 AM

ORIGINAL: glacier_white_F4i

i've done 2 kits on bikes. Me and turbof4i did the one on his and one on an 06 gsxr600. if your gonna put a turbo on a bike motor. use a k03 off a vw 1.8t motor. it is perfect for the 600 application...not to mention cheap. you'll have to use an oil restrictor and a salvage pump for the oiling, unless running a top mount setup (impossible on a bike, but very possible on a kart). p/c and ignition module...don't forget to dyno tune cause a street tune willNOT be close enough. just a little too lean and you'll burn a hole thru your piston...ask me how i know lol. any other questions p/m me.

it's not that hard to do and it's very rewarding. i don't think it's lame, both the guys i mentioned have been strictly drag racers and had another bike...not that it really messed with drivablity around town (just leave off boost settings alone). and when you see a 600 spank that ass on a zx14...well, that's just a special kind of epic.
thanks glacier! I was wondering, where did you get bigger injectors! who makes upgrades?
I was possibly thinking running on standalone. Since the Ignition module is so hard to come by and expensive! but what can i say i am probably not going to cheap out.

Also on your turbo f4i what CP are you running. Since the stock internals are forged what would say if i just slapped on a thicker MLS HG and get some ARP head studs?

thanks for your input man!