600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

Some winter progess pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 11:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Some winter progess pics

Oh, you stripped the whole wheel. I was looking to do something simular but keep the center of the wheel black. Hope my lines turn out that clean.

Old 12-31-2007, 11:43 AM

The wheel center is gonna stay black, but i stripped off the factory finish and its gonna be powdercoated a chrome black. Just take your time. I have 11 hours in that front wheel just in stripping/sanding/polishing w/ a Mac Tools 3" air polisher

Old 12-31-2007, 07:32 PM

Man I live in Florida, I don't have alot of time for winter mods. Thanks for the insight.

Old 01-01-2008, 12:04 AM

haha. lucky you.

p.s. you suck. i haven't rode mine for 3 months.

Old 01-01-2008, 09:11 AM

LOL! That sucks. There's only been a couple days that's been too cold for me to ride (lower than 38 degrees or so) this winter so far. I know, im a big pus, but I was born here and my bodies not set up for the really cold weather. Atleast you got some down time to do some polishing and stuff, with these gas prices my bikes my primary source of transportation and my down times very limited.

Old 01-02-2008, 09:09 AM

The Bike is looking good, but I am not a fan of the plate on the swing arm. I love the 600 RR. but do not like the under tail exhaust. Yours is one of the better looking aftermarket under tail pipes I have seen.

Old 01-03-2008, 09:54 PM

I have changed my mind on the plate on the swingarm, just going to make a bracket out of stainless steel and place the plate directly underneath of the tail light so that the top of the plate is touching the underneath of the tail light, will look better i think, plus wont have to worry about setting up lighting for it, can just use the stock tag light. I'll post some pics once the wheels are back on the bike. Polishing is done and powdercoating is getting done on saturday and hopefully i'll have some pics on here sunday for you guys to take a look at.

Old 01-26-2008, 09:39 AM
Banned

Diggin the 2 Bros exhaust...I almost went with that exhaust but I ended up goin for the Jardine Dual Outlet. I personally think the 2 Bros sounds a little bit better, but I really liked the distinct and aggressive look of having the dual outlet. Keep up with the modding though man....still got a few months of cold left.

Old 01-26-2008, 10:27 AM

lets see them wheels mounted up man!

Old 01-26-2008, 11:32 PM

+1 on the guts to polish up those '07 rims. look forward to seeing them on. I'm in Dallas and the dealership where the bike was bought put a plate relocator way under the seat. The previous owner was given a ticket. He fought it by taking a pic of the back of the bike and the judge dismissed it. I just did the '06 brake light mod and got rid of that hideous tailight hangar.

Quick Reply: Some winter progess pics