600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

removing baffels in stock pipe...

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 03:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: removing baffels in stock pipe...

It's hard to brag about horsepower readings from dynos unless you're comparing them to runs done on the same dyno to stay consistent.

Old 07-30-2007, 05:51 PM

ORIGINAL: slip_

It's hard to brag about horsepower readings from dynos unless you're comparing them to runs done on the same dyno to stay consistent.
and technically to be totally acurrate, you should baseline,
do the mod and then run again immediatly

Old 07-30-2007, 09:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I realize that different dynos give different results based upon many variables.

The part of this that gets me chuckling is the 07 600RR hype about the high rwhp numbers that every motorcycle rag was publishing - all of them were over 100rwhp and most were above 110. This translates into a 3-15% variance in reported horsepower. Thats a lot of variance without even getting into how many standard deviations we're talking.

97rwhp out of a totally redesigned 'superbike' still sucks, I don't care whose dyno it is.

Old 07-31-2007, 02:12 AM

"Technically accurate"... "Dorks, drilling out there baffles"!!!!!
I'm glad you were able to figure out, the "mispelled" word... now, go look it up...
We had another "dork" on the CBR forum, a couple of weeks ago... saying there would be no concerns about "power"... after he cut his can offand added agoofyforkedcar/truck tip... plus, his "friends," all said it was "cool"
Funny, to see some things don't change in 50 years...sad, but funny.Ya, all ya need to do, is cut out them baffles!!!!! All those useles pipe/ can manuf., will be outta biz shortly... after the "truth" gets out !!!!!!!!
Free and clean, Ripp'n

Old 07-31-2007, 04:07 PM

baffles are just sound restrictions

i guess you didnt see the dyno chart where i did gain a little after the baffle was drilled out

or are you too stupid to believe what your eyes are telling you

and what is the big deal about a "brand new superbike" putting out only 97 hp

its a 600 what do you expect

599cc will only put out so much with all the restrictive exhausts and baffles choking it down

a good full system is netting 115 according the guys on 600rr.net which is creeping into the rc51 range

god what a forum full of idiots

(the misspelled word comment was a dig to deliberalty **** you off just because i can)

Old 08-01-2007, 09:33 PM

Oh my, I missed the 1hp gain. Excellent mod! I was so wrong to question not only mutiliating stock equipment for awesome hp gains, butthe most impressive rwhp numbers on yourmotorcycle.

Ha! A 1hp delta - that's well within the sampling error of any dyno.

Methinks there is just one idiot posting on this thread, and the name starts with 'b' . . . . .

Old 08-02-2007, 02:22 AM

Here Here... HAHA HEHE... my spelling/gramatical errors, are Well known..
WHATS NEW !!!!
I get a kick, that somehow it's notice,will less'n the recognition ofthe lack of understanding/knowledge, you are so so eager to portray/defend/ proliferate(sad part)!!!!!!
Whats w/ the statment about "baffles, only for sound..."... then a couple sentances later... "599cc will only put out... choked down by baffles." Say, you are lost, aren't you. Are you saying that baffles DO, affect power???... or that the nastysound demons, are to blame... DORK !!!!!!!

I get a real kick out the self proclaimed exspert, You... w/ useless dyno sheet, to "back you up"... and your severe underestimation, about being just,"a bit", of a jerk !!!!!!!!! Well MR. B... here you are, defending your position and prowess, on a proper way, to improperly, mod an exaust, by drilling out baffles....HAHAHA.. not even close to a defendable position, by anyone having a clue about exaust dynamics!!!!!
I find (as others do, also) your ending statment...
"A Fiat (triumph), of self illumination."
Now go put those clothespins and playing cards ... to compleatYOUR mods.
I think "D-R-K-T-U-N-R", would make a nice personal plate, for ya too!!!!!!!
Free and clean, Ripp'n

Old 08-02-2007, 08:24 AM
Banned

I'm going to try and remove the whole baffel pretty soon, I'll let you know how that turns out, and I'll try and get some pictures up soon.
You may run into a lean condition with this, think about taking a look at the plugs after 100 miles or so. At least if you screw up things a little, you can then either buy a aftermarket can or a used stocker and start over. Good luck with it.

Old 08-02-2007, 12:15 PM

Way to go527 !!!!!!!! Now thats how I should be acting !!!!!!!! Mr B... I'm sorry for all the flack, especialy the personal stuff. I'm sure your a nice guy, just trying to be of help. The tech reasons, stand for themselves...I dipp'd mighty low to flame you...WD. SORRY.
Now about that E-XUP flapper valve... I think it was yamahas intent to provide a backpreasure change to promote torque, honda thought it was a great working idea too..I don't understand the "epa" reasoning... for noise? As any backpreasue increase, tends to rich'n (not epa friendly) The change in revision, does alter the "wave length" of the exaust, scavenging, in the combustion chamber, between the valves and carbs/inj, backside of fueling... to airbox. Sometimes even reversing the intake wave... refueling it 2x+ richer... These were all fairly dramatic considerations, in the 70's/80's... being behind "soggy bottoms, nonexistant midrange, dead top ends", when people did "backyard mods" to exausts(usualy 86 baffles)and hung "pods" on. Though, that period was the "hayday" for discovery of "why, it does that," the answers are still sound(haha), and readily available, to the interested backyard tunner. I got into revision, as a kid, reading all I could in bike rags... then thinking... I can do that... Oh MY GOSH!!!! What a mess... It is truely amazing how much a "lip" hear and "an inch out of there" will change the wave length... asI said, possibly changing, all kinds of things. Thinking, "I was much smarter now" went to work, building cans for a 84 vf1000f... I think that was the beginning of insomnia, in my life!!!! Baffle diameter/ length/ configuration, can intake/body transition, exaust tip dia., overall can length... the list just ...gets LARGER !!!!!!!!! I really recomend ALL, to read up on "ex. revision", it is absolutly fascinating !!!!!!
There's a new thread ...on nock'n outbaffles!!!!!I promise to be technicaly accurate, firm, but humane... Round II... DING !!!!!! just kidding !!!!
Free and clean, Ripp'n

Old 08-04-2007, 11:22 PM

I was just reading the post on removing baffels becuase I was thinking about trying it but now i'm not sure if I want to but it was fun to follow.

Quick Reply: removing baffels in stock pipe...