600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

Remote start

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007 | 04:03 AM
Default RE: Remote start

Hey did you try using the search feature??? I did an article in the how to section on doing a remote start. You do not need to bypass any of the factory safety features, since the bike will start on its own with the clutch out and in neutral with the sidestand down. Also if it is hooked up correctly to the neutral sensor it will not start or continue to stay running while in gear with the remote start. When you say your bike doesn't fire does the fuel pump kick on? Let me know and I'll help you get it working. I am a professional installer so we should be able to get it figured out.

Old 04-04-2007 | 05:04 AM

My pal has an F4i he isa wiz when it comes to working on and fixing things. He Put a REMOTE START on his Bike and its cool!
I know whatru thinkin... I thought it to. when he first showed me i thought i was going to get to see it hurling down the street un attended, but it has safty so it only will start in N and the key has to be in it for it toride if u put it in gear touch the brake or anything it just cuts off with out the key. when u put the key in and unlock the bike its normal.... This is cool if u ask me. I have an f3 I dont know how it will work but i think i might try it.. it gets some of the cooest looks. I respect that the cbr is a racing bike and I have said in the pastthat I dont like things that are not improving the Performance but this is too cool and the price is right. $160 installed. If u are in NC and want it. he will hook it up for you same price.

Old 04-06-2007 | 02:25 AM

I am an Installer also. and i was thinking something like this for my f4. hey Jatsin, what type of remote start did your friend use? same question to you mxman87 what brand and model did you use??

Old 04-08-2007 | 10:55 PM

I used a dei python 881xp. We have three bikes in our shop with that unit installed. I just need to figure out a way to upgrade it to the new mile range unit without paying for the new unit.

Old 04-26-2007 | 11:23 PM

Have you ever installed one on a standard car because I have one in my car (Im 12volt certified) and it is installed a little different the the automatics bypass the clutch ect, but it would be the same as the bike and as far as someone getting on it and stealing it not happening the bike should shut off just like a car when the brake is hit. as far as the bike driving off of you, try hooking it up to the neutral switch some how that way the bike wont start in gear only in nuetral, in my car it wont start if it doesnt see the ebrake up.

like I said if done correctly with everything in mind wont have any probems with it.

Good luck man

Old 04-28-2007 | 11:20 PM

Sorry but half you guys crying about this don't know what the hell you are talking about. A remote start on a bike is Cake. Might be a little more difficult on a FI bike but still cake. Also as long as you hook up the proper safety connections there is now way it could start in gear or someone could just ride off on it. Only time you have to bypass the clutch wiring is if it wont start unless you pull the clutch. I did a remote start on a 929RR a couple years back, Also had trunk release for the rear seat. It worked out pretty sweet. I thought of it for my F3 but im limited on space right now and it also sees rain occasionaly and i was worried about the brain getting wet.

Old 05-05-2007 | 06:08 PM

don't worry man... i think remote starts are a cool idea. gets all the girls. lol.

Having remote start on all my cars... I'm used to parking in neutral on them and on my bike unless on a steep hill. Remote start is great when you have to get the bike warmed up. I'm sure there's a safety feature like on cars that will prevent someone from shifting it into gear or something when the key isn't in.

Old 05-05-2007 | 09:50 PM

we've talked about this all before and blue fox said it all straight...

Old 05-05-2007 | 11:10 PM

...it's a cool idea and it's been done, but there's really no point to go through the hassle of it all. It may take up a lot of money or time, or even both. IMO, don't be lazy. Start it up yourself.

Old 05-10-2007 | 02:21 AM

I never like the idea of remote start.... need i say more

Quick Reply: Remote start