CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   600 Modifications (https://cbrforum.com/forum/600-modifications-41/)
-   -   need help modifying my bike (https://cbrforum.com/forum/600-modifications-41/need-help-modifying-my-bike-126066/)

Thommy 05-26-2011 09:40 PM

need help modifying my bike

Right now I have a 94 CBR F4 that I am wanting to modify where I can stunt it. I will be doing the work and feel that with enough direction I should be able to do it. So I will be posting and asking questions and would appreciate all the help.

All the shortcuts and unnecessary things the book tells you to do that I can avoid would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for everything. This forum is great

scorpionvmu 05-26-2011 09:49 PM

they didnt make f4 till 1999

mike.bucci 05-27-2011 12:17 AM

:icon_doh::icon_doh::icon_doh:

Originally Posted by scorpionvmu (Post 1059545)
they didnt make f4 till 1999

:icon_doh:

Thommy 05-27-2011 05:33 AM

modifying 600

sorry yes it is the 99 F4. I was tired and not paying attention. Thank you.

For stunting I am curious how important is it to change the sprocket? I was reading about how people get bigger rear sprockets and smaller sprocket for the front...what is the +?/-? mean?

What other kind of settings and changes would I need to do?

EclipseD 05-27-2011 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Thommy (Post 1059655)

For stunting I am curious how important is it to change the sprocket? I was reading about how people get bigger rear sprockets and smaller sprocket for the front...what is the +?/-? mean?

You lower the front front sprocket and increase the rear usually -1 in the front and +2 in the rear, this increases torque and makes wheelies easier. You can go more aggressive in the rear but will loose top end of course.

do the basics such as pipe, air filter, power commander, etc. And depending how serious you wanna get you could buy a cage for when you drop the pick practicing stunts.

EclipseD 05-27-2011 08:33 AM

forgot, you also need a 520 chain, you can check all this out at vortex sprockets website, you can also input values for sprockets and see what length chain you will need and get part #'s

tds94probe 05-27-2011 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Thommy (Post 1059655)

Dude not to sound like an ass or anything, but maybe you should work on getting to know motorcycle terminology and get some riding experience under your belt before you go attempting stunting and hurting yourself or others.

Also, do a bit of research, maybe buy some books or in todays day and age, stunting 101 dvds (available here) INSTRUCTIONAL MOTORCYCLE VIDEOS

Im sure youve probably been riding dirtbikes or 4 wheelers for a while, but to not know what +/- means when it comes to a sprocket tells me that youre not very familliar with tuning of the machines, and certainly should not be doing endos or tankstands anytime soon.

Once again, I dont intend to sound like an ass, just think you should get more famillar with tuning the bike and how it works (which you are doing by asking questions) before you jump into stunting.

jeffjones 05-27-2011 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by EclipseD (Post 1059704)
forgot, you also need a 520 chain,

Thats not true, I would personally want the stronger chain then downgrading to a weaker one.
If it is a stunt bike alot of guys go to 50ish tooth rear sprockets.
-1 in the front and plus around 10 in the rear.
Definitely a cage because you are highly likely to drop it.
Shortened exhaust so it doesn't scrape during wheelies.

Are you making this a stunt bike or stunt/commuting bike?

Thommy 05-29-2011 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by tds94probe (Post 1059781)
Dude not to sound like an ass or anything, but maybe you should work on getting to know motorcycle terminology and get some riding experience under your belt before you go attempting stunting and hurting yourself or others.

Also, do a bit of research, maybe buy some books or in todays day and age, stunting 101 dvds (available here) INSTRUCTIONAL MOTORCYCLE VIDEOS

Im sure youve probably been riding dirtbikes or 4 wheelers for a while, but to not know what +/- means when it comes to a sprocket tells me that youre not very familliar with tuning of the machines, and certainly should not be doing endos or tankstands anytime soon.

Once again, I dont intend to sound like an ass, just think you should get more famillar with tuning the bike and how it works (which you are doing by asking questions) before you jump into stunting.

I take no offense to your comments and advice. You are quite right on the fact of not being up to date with the terminology. Thats why I am asking and learning before I kill anyone-myself included. lol.

Thank you for the advice on the dvd videos...one more question what would you suggest I watch.

I will say that I know my personality and character as a person is that 1: I love being out of the ordinary 2: I wont claim to know something when I dont 3: quick learner. 4: I research things alot.

So I am not offended. I thought that is what the terminology meant but I wanted to make sure.

Thats just like I am trying to get into motorcycle mechanics and I read books on how to fix things myself.

So,again, thank you for your open honesty and I assure you I will be taking things as they come with much consideration.

Thommy 05-29-2011 07:58 AM

Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it.