600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

MIRRORS...or...NOT

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006 | 05:24 AM
Default RE: MIRRORS...or...NOT

I agree, they put them there for a reason - If i were you, sit down and think of a way to fabircate something unique. It seems like you want your bike to look slick. Well instead of taking stuff off, maybe put stuff on.

The pigs are pretty nice item, they take some of your vision away - but they look pretty slick with the bike. I seen bikes with "small" LCD screen and a hair-pin camera flush-mounted to the back of them. (think what a cop would say when he is like "where are your mirrors at?" priceless) This would probbly solve your problem too squire with your broad shoulders.

but i'm just saying you could do something cost effective and still have the vision you are supposed to.

Old 10-03-2006 | 12:58 PM
Retired Moderator

I just put some after market mirrors on, and I can't adjust them to see anything properly now. They look great, but in this case, I am going to have to go with function over form, and put the original mirrors back on. I feel like I am riding impaired!

Old 10-03-2006 | 03:42 PM

some punk recently kicked my bike over and one of my mirors snapped off. so i just removed the mirrors and ordered a set of OPP racing mirrors. for the 2-3 weeks i was waiting i got used to just turning my head for lane changes. now that i got the mirrors i still cant see chit, lol!

Old 10-03-2006 | 04:48 PM

i snapped one mirror on accident and decided to take the other one off. mirrors i think can be a danger, because they tend to have huge blind spots, and if you depend on your mirrors only that aint good. but ive almost been killed a few times cause i was looking over my shoulder, so it almost evens out.

Old 10-03-2006 | 10:32 PM

I have taken the mirrors off of every bike I have had. They do have blind spots . I use a bar end mirror instead . I dont have the problem of only seeing elbows and no more blind spots. You get a clean look and you still have mirrors which will save your *** at a stop light.

Old 10-13-2006 | 02:26 AM

mirrors all the way

Old 10-13-2006 | 04:12 PM

Definately mirrors, all the better to see idiots with.
I use them always, and always a head check too...

Old 10-13-2006 | 05:49 PM

I say keep em they will save your skin!

Old 10-14-2006 | 07:57 AM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: JZHALES

i snapped one mirror on accident and decided to take the other one off. mirrors i think can be a danger, because they tend to have huge blind spots, and if you depend on your mirrors only that aint good. but ive almost been killed a few times cause i was looking over my shoulder, so it almost evens out.
I would say that NOT having mirrors is a danger. Constantly having to twist your head and body to head check absolutely everything is far more dangerous than occasionally head checking and using your mirrors.

And, yeah, usually you only see your arms in the mirrors, but put on those round, bubbled mirror things (like you put on cars) and your will be able to see everything a LOT more than before.

Old 10-14-2006 | 10:08 AM

i agree. for street use you need the mirrors. twisting around keeps your eyes off whats in front. nearly had accidents because of it myself. and taking off mirrors doesnt take any weight off your bike. if you dont believe me take them off and feel how light our stock mirrors really are.

Quick Reply: MIRRORS...or...NOT