600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

Jeeeesssus...UPDATED w/write-up on installed items.

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 05:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jeeeesssus...

I just dont understand why more people dont use the hangar light - its a direct fit with direct wires and it doesnt leave that gap in the tail

Old 04-01-2008, 07:30 PM

ORIGINAL: mmgsport

I just dont understand why more people dont use the hangar light - its a direct fit with direct wires and it doesnt leave that gap in the tail
For me pricing was the issue. It's $215 shipped on the Hangar WITHOUT license plate bracket or light for it. I guess it'd be cheap to fabricate a plate hanger, but I got the CBR Heaven for $150 and it's great. For $65 more plus whatever I'd have to do to make a plate hanger, I'm perfectly content with my choice.

Sorry to get waaaaay off track. How'd the exhaust install turn out?

Old 04-01-2008, 10:23 PM

ha ok- ok i hear ya - i just work my *** off all week and i want my bike to be proper - so whats another 50-60 bucks - besides i picked mine up for 175 shipped - you can find them for that -

Old 04-02-2008, 10:09 AM

OH, now you gotta go and rub it in!

Slatherson, can you post some pics of the Protons installed? I'm just curious how they look.

Old 04-03-2008, 10:19 PM

OK, the initial phase one install is almost complete (just need to redo some nuts and bolts, and paint the plate bracket): Moriwaki, Protons, CRG's, J'Neer Hangar taillight (w/ homemade plate bracket a la CBR Heaven), and a Corbin seat. I will post some pics after I finalize and CLEAN it...possibly some time next week as I'm about to go back to work and start my monday while you are all finishing your friday's and getting ready for the weekend.

Here's my .02 so far...

Once I got the stock exaust off the Mori install was a breeze. Looks good and the sound is decent, I hoped for louder but that was before I started getting on the gas and tachin it over 8 grand. I think I read Blue Fox say he likes to be quiet just toolin around, and heard when he gets on the gas. I think that is how this one works...it's pretty tame down low and has a good bark up high. 4 out of 5 stars (only cause I hoped for deeper and maybe a bit louder...but the jury is still out because I only have limited camparision)

The Protons overall fit is top notch. The install is not hard but you need to cut the connectors off the stockers rendering them useless. I think for the price they should have been included so as to be plug and play instead of cut & splice, install, and play. The flash rate IS FASTER. You will need resistors if you want the stock flash rate. These have three flash options; Stock, Strobe, and Fade. Since the flash rate is increased it is really hard to tell a difference between all three. I picked stock because I agree with some of the others who think it gets noticed easier. During installation you will have to make the choice of which flash option you would like because you connect different wires for the different options. 4 out of 5 stars. These are the best out there, but I have to give 4 stars because for the premium price they don't include the connectors, which in turn means you need to follow their GENERALIZED instructions (which are useless, and leave you to play electrician...which I am not).

CRG shorties. AWESOME. Install is EASY BREEZY (watch out on the cluch lever for the little majigger sticking out on the bottom of the mount...check the Pazzo write-up on here or 600rr.net) These levers didn't include lube so I bought some, $5 at the auto parts store. 5 out of 5 stars.

J'Neer Hangar (formerly Hangar R&D) taillight is a FACTORY FIT for the bodywork (there is no bulging or seat fitment issues like with other kits). Their old website advertised that these had multiple brake/turn signal flash options, but this unit does not. It includes connectors and is truely plug and play after cutting the battery tray like you have to do with any other kit. It looks to have resistors in the wiring (hard to tell because they are under some heat shrink tubing, but I cant think of anything else it could be) so the FLASH RATE IS NORMAL. 5 out of 5 stars.

The homemade license bracket is based off the CBR Heaven kit, but I fabricated it myself from some aluminum sheet metal and will paint it this weekend after I finalize it. It isn't the prettiest or professionally built, but for those familiar with the location you know that the bracket itself is barely visable because the plate covers it and the rest is under the bike. Twelve out of 5 stars .

The Corbin seat was scheduled to arrive towards the end of the month (they're custom made I guess) but showed up yesterday. Well the seat is like twice the weight of the stocker, fits like stock, but doesn't feel like stock. It feels like it has more flat real estate to it. It has a bit more cushion, but still had my a$$ sore after couple hours (I need to get back into riding shape as my neck, hands, and a$$ hurt after a bit). 4 out of 5 stars, because after about a hundred miles my butt hurt and I thought an almost three hundred dollar seat would cure that. Should it???

Now I wanna save for the HID kit, a passenger seat cover/eliminator (whatever it'

Old 04-03-2008, 10:33 PM

nice write up slath!! thanks

Old 04-03-2008, 11:50 PM

Pictures?

Old 04-04-2008, 12:08 AM

^^^ on the way in a few days

Old 04-04-2008, 09:24 PM

Nice. That sucks about the Corbin. I have no input on that other than I don't even get sore on mystockseat until after about three hours of riding....but I'm sure I'm a different build than you if that's the case.

I'm deff jealous of the Hangar. Let's see those pics!!!!

Old 04-04-2008, 11:10 PM

Corbin- yes, you should hurt the first few hours- break in time.

Give it at least a good 3-4 hours of riding.

Good luck with it

Quick Reply: Jeeeesssus...UPDATED w/write-up on installed items.