600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

Installing Mods 2morrow.

Old 10-05-2007, 07:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing Mods 2morrow.

So most of my parts came in today and I'm siked! . The Jardine RT-One Slip-On, +2 Vortex Cat5 Rear Spocket, BMC Air Filter, and Sato Adjustable Rearsets. She goes in tomorrow to get everything installed and should be out that afternoon. I'll let you know what I think about the changes.

The Power Commander comes in on Monday and will be installed Tuesday. I too will report back and let you guys know how that worked out with a Slip-On.

Best Time ran at the 1/8th mile for me was 7.76 at 100.4x with a 60foot of 2.1xx. [&:]

Old 10-05-2007, 10:26 PM
Default RE: Installing Mods 2morrow.

why not wait and have everything done when the power commander comes in, so they cant jack you around on the labor hrs?

Old 10-06-2007, 10:36 AM

Unfortunately they charge by the individual job everytime. Even though they have the whole bike ripped apart and can install everything all at once they have a minium shop fee for labor per item. So I'll make them work for their money.

Old 10-06-2007, 11:49 AM

oh ok, that kinda shady of them. I figured that since you have the mods already they would just charge you on the hr rate. Atleast thats how they do it around here. Also, I didn't mean to come off as a jerk, if you took it that way. I'm anxious to see pics when your done. I think I probably would have went with your color, if I bought new.

Old 10-06-2007, 12:17 PM

ORIGINAL: 03yellow6000RR

oh ok, that kinda shady of them. I figured that since you have the mods already they would just charge you on the hr rate. Atleast thats how they do it around here. Also, I didn't mean to come off as a jerk, if you took it that way. I'm anxious to see pics when your done. I think I probably would have went with your color, if I bought new.
Yep I agree it's pretty shading of them .. or greedy...lol. And you didn't come off as a jerk. If you sensed a shortest in my reply it was probably me thinking about the dealership and their pricing...haha. Thanks for the interest and I'll post the pics. up tonight hopefully!

Old 10-06-2007, 06:05 PM

Just put it on yourself. They wont be tuning it or anything so why pay them?

Old 10-06-2007, 06:37 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

ORIGINAL: D2DGraphix_600RR

Just put it on yourself. They wont be tuning it or anything so why pay them?
i was thinking the exact same thing .. rear sets, rear sprocket, power commander , exhaust ..... all easy bolt ons.. the only thing is the pc that needs to be tuned (unless you just put a downloadable map from PC website) it would take probably 2 hours to put all that on so you and a buddy work on it buy him lunch and then go for a ride.. sounds like a good day

Old 10-06-2007, 08:18 PM

Thanks for the advice guys .. it would make a fun project. But unfortunately I'm not mechanically sound with the bike yet and don't want to break my plastics or anything else. Currently I'm at school so my tool selection is very limited aswell. But I appreciate the heads up and thoughts! .. Soon enough I will practice working with the bike when I have more time and tools.

So I got it back today but was only able to drive it for 20 miles on the highway. No turns yet . .. But I'm loving the change!!! Its crazy torquey! The bike will stand up under wide open throttle in 1st. Scary. The throttle response is crazy and the exhaust is loooud. Its a whole new bike and will take sometime and practice to get use to ..to be safe. It gets the PC3 Tuesday but its not popping at all right now. Pics and video coming soon.

Old 10-07-2007, 11:22 PM

I've got an RT-1 slip on and it is loud

Old 10-07-2007, 11:59 PM

Yep it sure is loud and throaty. I like how it sounds around 7 - 10k rpms. Only downfall is I keep thinking I'm attracting alot of unwanted attention by the authorities.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Installing Mods 2morrow.