CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   600 Modifications (https://cbrforum.com/forum/600-modifications-41/)
-   -   How do I make my exhaust sound louder?? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/600-modifications-41/how-do-i-make-my-exhaust-sound-louder-134494/)

cgrace986 02-15-2012 05:38 PM

How do I make my exhaust sound louder??

I bought a 2006 CBR600RR with a Yoshimura exhaust. I don't really know much about the exhaust (slip on or full exhauast). I would like to know if there is any way to make it louder? I ride with some guys that have GSXR600's with two brothers exhaust and they are considerably louder. Obviously I dont want it to sound raggidy but is there anyway to get some more umph out of it??

Acespad3 02-15-2012 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by cgrace986 (Post 1132190)
I bought a 2006 CBR600RR with a Yoshimura exhaust. I don't really know much about the exhaust (slip on or full exhauast). I would like to know if there is any way to make it louder? I ride with some guys that have GSXR600's with two brothers exhaust and they are considerably louder. Obviously I dont want it to sound raggidy but is there anyway to get some more umph out of it??

you could always open em up and take out the baffle stuff and make it pretty much just a resonating pipe..

estate4life 02-15-2012 06:07 PM

A full system will definitely be louder! 2 brothers no doubt have a thick humming loud! V & H is a higher pitch Rung Rung loud...

Though loud pipes save lives...can be argue...I really don't see a good really to go all out.....cutting it shorty will scream...

Focus of performance,'handling, suspension, & safety is rather more common sense.

MadHattr059 02-15-2012 06:14 PM

You can drill the rivets on the end and remove some of the baffles and/or
cut it down and then re-install the cap.

That said...the Yoshi, combined with proper mapping, will give you an actual
performance gain beyond just being less weight. Why mess with HP vs "sounds meaner"?

If you want to wow your buddies, spend the time/money upgrading your
suspension, brakes or throw a little bling into some under-carrage LEDs.
Some SS braided lines, rim-tape, Renthal or Driven grips. The kind of
upgrades that improve the mechanics/ergonomics/safety of your ride.

And, it will have the added benefit of not annoying everyone, including other bikers.
We all suffer from the bad PR broadcast by the bone-heads running loud.

I understand a good growl, but it should be under not over-stated. imo

This can be a pretty volitale subject. I hope you consider my comments and aren't insulted by them.

Ern

estate4life 02-15-2012 06:26 PM

+1 Ern...why is it that you always put it better in words than me? I've mean to say the same but my vocabulary does not write so well...LOL...

Now about the sound, I personally like the Vance & Hines sound better than the Yoshimura(IMO)...it's a bit louder with a Rung...2 brother no doubt have the strongest Hummm... But cost the most $$$$ on your wallet.

I would swap, rather than modified the integrity of the pipe which don't sacrifice performance.

Originally Posted by MadHattr059 (Post 1132206)
You can drill the rivets on the end and remove some of the baffles and/or cut
it down.

That said...the Yoshi, combined with proper mapping, will give you an actual performance
gain beyond just being less weight. Why mess with that vs "sounds meaner"?
If you want to impress other bikers, spend the time/money upgrading your riding skills.

And, it will have the added benefit of not annoying everyone, including other bikers.
We all suffer from the bad PR broadcast by the bone-heads running loud.

I understand a good growl, but it should be under not over-stated. imo

This can be a pretty volitle subject. I hope you consider my comments and aren't insulted by them.

Ern

cgrace986 02-15-2012 07:33 PM

Cool, I appreciate the comments and offense taken at all. Im not unhappy with the Yoshimura by any means. Just wanted to see if there was any way to tweek some more sound out of it. As far as other upgrades I'd like to do those also. Just can't break the bank at this point. Trying to take it slow with the upgrades if you know what I mean. Thanks for the pointers!

estate4life 02-15-2012 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by cgrace986 (Post 1132236)
Cool, I appreciate the comments and offense taken at all. Im not unhappy with the Yoshimura by any means. Just wanted to see if there was any way to tweek some more sound out of it. As far as other upgrades I'd like to do those also. Just can't break the bank at this point. Trying to take it slow with the upgrades if you know what I mean. Thanks for the pointers!

+1 on taking it slow...don't hurt the wallet with luxury upgrades...take it slow and when the right opportunity comes...then do it. How about gears? I believe the money spent in gears for your body is just as good.

In addition: can I get your vote? Lol...& tks Ern for the vote...

https://cbrforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134468

Acespad3 02-15-2012 10:04 PM

I have 2bros and love it. Modifying your yoshi is free if you do it yourself.. Just depends on what you want. I won't talk about bling or LEDs since this is an exhaust thread but.. Those are def great :) safety!

cgrace986 02-15-2012 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by estate4life (Post 1132257)
+1 on taking it slow...don't hurt the wallet with luxury upgrades...take it slow and when the right opportunity comes...then do it. How about gears? I believe the money spent in gears for your body is just as good.

In addition: can I get your vote? Lol...& tks Ern for the vote...

https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-month-39/february-2012-rotm-voting-thread-134468/

Roger that bro, Im just enjoying the bike as much as I can. My first bike so im learing the ins and outs and what not. Also, you got my vote!

06Tribal600RR 02-15-2012 10:08 PM

If people can hear you coming, they'll look twice before changing lanes or pulling out. I have a Jardine with Race Baffle in mine, and with my gearing setup it's crazy loud on the highway, but I love it otherwise.