CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   600 Modifications (https://cbrforum.com/forum/600-modifications-41/)
-   -   hid?? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/600-modifications-41/hid-120476/)

spoolie25 01-25-2011 10:49 PM

hid??

an one have an input on this i am told not to than i am told its ok ..

jeffjones 01-26-2011 08:34 AM

HID's are great, Your grammar.... not so much

spoolie25 01-26-2011 09:51 AM

the y is broken on my key board at home ..lol i have to get a new key board .. but my question is . do they have to be relayed? i am told yes than i am told no.

jeffjones 01-26-2011 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by spoolie25 (Post 1007833)
the y is broken on my key board at home ..lol i have to get a new key board .. but my question is . do they have to be relayed? i am told yes than i am told no.

If you are getting a Hi/Lo kit then yes,
If your getting just a Lo beam kit then no.

AmazinAznF4I 01-26-2011 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by jeffjones (Post 1007814)
hid's are great, your grammar.... Not so much

*like*

Jay_J 01-26-2011 11:47 AM

I love my HIDs. It's my favorite mod I have done.

AmazinAznF4I 01-26-2011 11:47 AM

its a give and take, you either can use it or you dont need to have relays in the system. Check my thread on the F4i section for H.I.D. Retrofit.

For a hi lo beam they run seperate from the system. All it needs is a 12 v source to power the solenoids.. *That's if you are going the retrofit route*. If u want to do H.I.Ds, Do it right and don't buy the kits otherwise if you went with the HID KIT route, you will be blinding the hell out of everyone and could cause an accident due to night blindness from the glare. Get all the parts you need Ex: projectors, ballast, bulbs and do your HW This way you have an HID system that is designed not to scatter unwanted light into oncoming drivers and cars in front of you.

ohio nitro 01-26-2011 07:52 PM

hid

i have hid kit on my bike i do not run a relay. most hid kit are 12 v with a out put of 35w to 55w wich has a low amp pull. if you buy the kit and you want high beams two go with the bixeon kit wich has high low beams but i have yet to use my high beams, because low beams are so bright i dont need too. I run 30,000k deep blue it looks and performs awesome paid 60 dollars on ebay for the slim ballast and the bulbs. i have them in my bike and car wont go back to regular bulbs ever again. hid kits are plug and play 10 min install thousand of hour of enjoyment

AmazinAznF4I 01-27-2011 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by ohio nitro (Post 1008006)
i have hid kit on my bike i do not run a relay. most hid kit are 12 v with a out put of 35w to 55w wich has a low amp pull. if you buy the kit and you want high beams two go with the bixeon kit wich has high low beams but i have yet to use my high beams, because low beams are so bright i dont need too. I run 30,000k deep blue it looks and performs awesome paid 60 dollars on ebay for the slim ballast and the bulbs. i have them in my bike and car wont go back to regular bulbs ever again. hid kits are plug and play 10 min install thousand of hour of enjoyment

]

Lets just hope you are not blinding anyone w/ 30,000K Ur headlights reflector isn't designed for an H.I.D. bulb. It's a common misconception. Because luxury cars that have reflector based H.I.D. have been designed around that. ex; 2003 acura TL . 2003 Maxima. Volvo s70, 2002 mercedes benz.

U know the higher the Kelvin doesnt mean the bulb is by any means brighter. It's a marketing gimmick with numbers to fool u that it is brighter. The higher the Kelvin the dimmer the output on the road but it will be able to reflect signs *aka glare* back to the driver. That is the common annoyance in those HID kits. . 5500k-6000k is typically compared to the Kelvin scale to the light output of the sun during noontime at its strongest and that is useable light when driving at night.

ohio nitro 01-27-2011 12:03 PM

hid

even now the reflective part of the light is not made for hid it does not hurt it because hid burn alot cooler than halogen lights. and its nice when other drivers can see you comeing. and if you out on back roads at night you would aprreciat the reflective blindness when you can spot deer for a ways out, so when it becomes a life saver people will just have to deal with it.